My new Kickstarter project
  • Themusicman316
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

My new Kickstarter project

by Themusicman316 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 am

Hello all, my name is Charlie Armour who writes and composes music for video games and despite my physical disability music has helped me through trouble times and now I am trying to take my music to the next level.

About the Kickstarter Project: Duel of Heroes: Chronicles of the Lost Planet is an online trading card game, combining elements of MMORPG, fantasy and strategy to create a rich and immersing gaming experience for everyone. I myself am the music composer for the game and wanted your opinion on the Kickstarter campaign, we are doing ok but I feel we need to push it a little further.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... =discovery

I hope that was ok and didn't put you all to sleep, I am not the greatest at introducing myself.

admin
    Site Admin

Re: My new Kickstarter project

by admin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Moving this to the general thread - this section is for questions related to kickstarter/crowdfunding.
  • Themusicman316
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Themusicman316 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:02 pm

admin wrote:Moving this to the general thread - this section is for questions related to kickstarter/crowdfunding.

I actually wanted advice on the kickstarter and what needs improvements and how we can push this further, I just forgot to add that part :)
  • Themusicman316
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Themusicman316 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi everyone, It seems my Kickstarter project hasn't or may not be be a success and I'v seen quite a few in the video-game section which have not been successful. What am I doing wrong or is it just a bad month to put a Kickstarter up ?
    Nikola Andrejic
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nikola Andrejic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 am

Hey there,

I need to say to you that your project is great!
    - Great illustrations
    - Game looks like its pretty finished for KS project
    - Lots of content

But there are many things that you can improve to get funded.
    - You have kinda high funding goal
    - Pledge levels are not understandable at all. You need to say what pledge give full game to backers and also make premium game content.
    - Also your page is way to long. I am telling you this from experience because mine was even longer and i got allot of feedback about it. Then i made it 25% shorter and it worked great. And i see that you can make yours optimize yours for 40%.
    - Stretch Goals locked is not good. Or if you really want to do it that way make few visible at least.

I am sure that with the right optimizations you can make this game great!

Cheers,
    Nikola
  • JimmyB
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JimmyB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:34 pm

As a very recent first time kickstarter launcher myself, I can't really provide any useful insight on improvements, other than to say Nikola's suggestions seem absolutely valuable based on my own quick review of your campaign. The only other thing I will say is that, like Nikola, I think your project, itself, is fantastic. And given that substantively, it is so good, I think treating this first launch as a learning experience and taking Nikola's input (and hopefully others) will ultimately lead to success for you. Would definitely urge you to keep pushing forward because, again, the project itself really looks great. I would bet on you being successful sooner rather than later.
  • wild cornwall
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wild cornwall » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Sound good! best of luck
  • nillyinc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nillyinc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 am

If not successful, will you try it again?
  • Themusicman316
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Themusicman316 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks for the advice Nikola and Jimmy, that was very helpful and it's a great learning experience. If the Kickstarter is not a success than we will try it again, if at first you don't succeed try and try again!!
  • PlanZ
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by PlanZ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Your kickstarter project looks really professional and the art is awesome, I really hope this project makes it.