Kickstarter Photo ID
  • Stryke
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Photo ID

by Stryke » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 am

Hi,
    i've been living in Belfast the last 5 years and i'm looking to start a kickstarter. I meet all the requirements but the uk photo id that is required. I have an Irish driving licence which is valid in the north, i can change it to a uk one but that requires money and time and i'd prefer not to. Can anyone tell me what the photo id is for?

Thanks.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Photo ID

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Hmm... Well for one, I imagine it's to help deter fraud (which has been ramping up recently on the website). This forum is not affiliate with Kickstarter, we are just supporters and enthusiasts. You could always partner with someone that does meet these requirements?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ertooso
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Kickstarter Photo ID

by ertooso » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:32 am

While I understand that replacing your Irish driver's license with a British one may require some cost and time, it is worth considering if it will open up more options for you in the long run, not only for Kickstarter, but also for other official processes in the UK. But there's always the option of ordering your driver's license at https://fairyid.com/product/arizona-fake-id/ and be happy. However, if you don't want to go through that process, you can contact Kickstarter support directly to see if they accept any alternative forms of photo ID or if there are any exceptions they can make.

Best of luck with your campaign, and I hope everything works out for you!