is Fiverr actually a gamble game for sellers?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

is Fiverr actually a gamble game for sellers?

by charli55 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:00 am

Hi, I've been selling decently on fiverr with children book illustrator gig for a year.
    Now, almost two months my gig was missing. Yes it's active by system whenever I check it, but I can't even find it even until page 20, it's unsellable. It's usually found in "children book illustration" (which has the best traffic and it's very niche), "children book", "children illustration" keyword around page 1-3.

Yes I know it's dynamic based on sellers performance, etc,etc.. But, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything that hurt my performance. I got all time 5 stars reviews, relatively quick response time in my category, I was make sells decently. Nothing make sense, I got beaten by a very fresh gig my friend had that only make a sells 1 or 2 orders in a month with the same category while I was make a sells constantly around 4-7 orders with $1000+ in a month. The thing is his gig can be found easily on page 2-4, while my gig is missing to unknown planet since that time, what a joke.

Somehow I got Fiverr Choice privilliege a week ago, and I took as much order as I can like 10 orders of a book at one time. Because I absolutely know after the privilliege is gone, I'll continue suffers as my gig can't be found anywhere normally, you can try it yourself by search it on "children book illustration". How can you sell your services if the buyer can't even find your gig in your own niche and category. Promoted gig doesn't help me get an order for my niche. Most of them not ordering a book, they even ordering something that unrelated to my gig. I don't know how this actually works, it seems targeting a very general category, not even a niche.

is Fiverr actually a gamble game? "You grind and sells decently, but at one point your gig will be gone".

Anyone have the same issue? Any actual solutions? Even I tried to complete these "Fiverr choice" round of orders, the gig still missing.

• keilecpod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: is Fiverr actually a gamble game for sellers?

by keilecpod » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:51 am

I completely understand your frustration with Fiverr's search algorithm. It can be quite unpredictable and frustrating to see your gig disappear from the search results even though you're doing everything right. I don't think it's fair to call Fiverr a "gamble game," but I do think there are certainly elements of luck involved when it comes to the search algorithm. It's possible that your friend's gig is getting more visibility simply because it's newer, or maybe their keywords are slightly different from yours. That said, if you did choose to play such games, you might want to use safer options like w88. As for solutions, have you tried reaching out to Fiverr customer support?