Paypal
  • Noganeto1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Paypal

by Noganeto1 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 am

I think i am not the only one who asked this (I am new at this site), but... is Paypal available as some sort of payment method for funding? Cuz i have like ten bucks on it, and i have a friend who has an Ltd. game company that is soon gonna release a game, and, as well as working for him to translate it into several languages upon being complete, i decided to support him by giving him those 10 bucks (Contradictory, since i got that money as some payment from that friend after translating what i think, it was his first prototype of a game). But find it hard tosupport him with Paypal since i have some trouble finding how to add my Paypal account to my payment methods. Is it cuz Kickstarter does not (Yet?) allows Paypal?

• WildFlower
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Paypal

by WildFlower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 am

Is your paypal account linked to your bank account? Because you could always cash out, unless it's a gift card. If it isn't listed as a payment option it isn't an option I'm afraid.
    Bobi Necklace, the bobby pin storage necklace. http://kck.st/2ujG806
  • nadinefaith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nadinefaith » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:36 pm

I didn't see the necessity to link my paypal account to my bank account. Also I don't add the datas of my credit cards to my paypal account because it is not safe. Last summer my credit card data was stolen and the scammers withdraw over $1500 through my paypal account and my card without any problem. They have different paypal carding tutorial that are quite easy. Since then I am afraid to link my card or bank account at different account without strong necessity. Also I use long unique password and I have two step authentication.
  • JOgden1987
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JOgden1987 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:57 pm

You could link the card to the platform and then check if the transaction is going on
    FederikFer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FederikFer » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:14 pm

Maybe your PayPal card is blocked and that's why you can't link it. In this situation, I advise you to go to brainsclub.cm and buy CVV from a bank card, and then try to create an account on the card, so then without any problems use PayPal. I can vouch for briansclub, the site is reliable and trusted. I think this will solve your problem with PayPal.
  • NinaGood
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by NinaGood » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:10 am

I understand your concern about using PayPal for crowdfunding on Kickstarter. However, it's always a good idea to check with PayPal customer service or Kickstarter's official support for the most up-to-date information on payment methods. It's great that you want to support your friend's game company, so reaching out to both platforms for assistance might help you find a solution to contribute your $10 to the project. Good luck!
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:51 am

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, as of now, Kickstarter doesn’t support PayPal as a payment method for pledges or funding. Kickstarter primarily uses credit and debit cards for transactions. If you’re trying to support your friend’s game project on Kickstarter, you’ll need to use one of those card options.

If you have PayPal funds, you might consider transferring them to your bank account or linking your PayPal account to a credit or debit card that you can then use on Kickstarter. I hope this helps, and best of luck with your friend’s game!