What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • The Lich
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by The Lich » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:51 pm

My day job is UX now in Advertising. I used to be a creative and enjoyed it for awhile, but I've gotten tired of giving my ideas to someone else.

My passion (and what I do at night) is live-streaming games that I have made. Playing them with new people for an audience community that supports me.

Viva La Dungeon! Can you survive the chaos of the Dungeon while Gelatinous Cubes close it off room by room? Now on Kickstarter!
  • JOgden1987
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JOgden1987 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:30 pm

I'm not doing anything at the moment, but I like to move around all the time, so I'm probably planning to get a job as a courier for a service I heard about from a friend of mine. It's sort of a community of couriers that you can hire to work there, or you can get a job as a courier yourself. It sounds cool. You just register here on their website, and then you can take delivery orders.
    Last edited by JOgden1987 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • IceWarriorTacGear
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IceWarriorTacGear » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:33 pm

My Day/Evening/Night job is that I am a first responder. I work in Canada, more specifically, the cold Canadian prairies. Which links me to my passion project and Kickstarter campaign. Working outside in the winter has its challenges, especially when you need the dexterity of your fingers to do your job. But once your fingers freeze within minutes, you can't do what you need to do anymore. In 2017 I started looking for gloves that were best suited for the job I do, however, I could not find any... so I designed my own. I am now on my second version of my design called the Mammoth mitt/glove combo, designed to balance dexterity and warmth, and tailored for first responders. I'll post more about my campaign in a more relevant thread.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ic ... ref=7fwot6

Cheers!
  • TopSecretGames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TopSecretGames » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:55 pm

We door dash in California.
    The passion is to quit door dashing except for fun.
  • CGAph
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CGAph » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:26 pm

My day job :
    I'm a 3D model maker. Not for film or videogames. I use to model objects which will be manufactured. Fashion jewelry and accessories.

My project :
    I want to launch my jewelry brand.
  • samyys
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by samyys » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:52 pm

I work as a freelancer right now
    rubyarcox
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by rubyarcox » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:35 pm

Hey there! It's awesome that your day job aligns with your passion project. Drawing, making comics, and creating art sound like a dream gig! If you're looking for some additional resources or want to explore new opportunities, you should check out HVAC Info and Schools By State. They provide info on HVAC programs and schools. Who knows, maybe you'll find some inspiration or connections that could enhance your art journey. Best of luck with your creative endeavors, and welcome to the forum! I'm new here, too, so let's enjoy this community together. Keep rocking those comics, and keep following your passion!
    AlexanderJefferson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AlexanderJefferson » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:33 am

It's fantastic to hear that you've found a way to combine your work and passion. Transitioning from a creative role to UX in Advertising can be quite a shift, but it's wonderful that you've discovered a fulfilling outlet for your own ideas through live-streaming the games you create. Building a supportive community while doing what you love is truly special.
    SsCoobyDoO
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SsCoobyDoO » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:10 pm

It's awesome that you found your passion in live-streaming the games you make! The thrill of playing them with new people and having a supportive community sounds incredible. I can totally relate to your journey of wanting to explore a new career path. I've been there too! After working as an SMM manager for a while, I experienced burnout and decided it was time for a change. That's when I stumbled upon resources like https://www.electricianclasses.com/programs/, which helped me find a suitable training program in electrical work. I took the leap and chose to become an electrician, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. It's important to follow our passions and find fulfillment in what we do.
  • Staliry
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Staliry » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 am

You can always look for games like fast flight https://jetxgame.com/ where you can be very bold and advanced. Thanks to such games, you can always find an opportunity to earn money. And here everything is so simple that you don’t even have to talk for a long time. Just take and have time to withdraw the bet before the plane crashes. Everything works out very well. Personally, I like this kind of gameplay.