Is Soundcloud dead?
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Is Soundcloud dead?

by serenity007 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:06 pm

Is Soundcloud still a good place to "test" your tracks? I'm looking for a place to upload your tracks that's less official than Spotify, for sample clearance reasons but also to potentially get some feedback. Is there any websites or platforms that you'd recommend?

AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Is Soundcloud dead?

by AmaDeY1993 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:09 pm

I don't think so. I've been using SoundCloud for several years and I still think it's a good free app to search for new music. I also post my covers there and hope to record a full song at some point. Right now I'm in the process of recruiting a new audience. I'm using https://smmlaboratory.com/soundcloud/followers/ to do that. It's not expensive and effective, so I think it's a good start.
    ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by ECarr1991 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:48 pm

SoundCloud will always be goto if I want to listen to something that just rips. So much good underground bass and just random edits and remixes that aren’t found in other streaming services.
  • jhollm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jhollm » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:06 pm

I think SoundCloud is still a good site to test your tracks and get some feedback. I used to use it a few years ago and got some great engagement from it. There might be better sites to use, I don't know, but Soundcloud can at least get you some engagement from people that listen to your tracks.