Looking For Advice: Sales and Views
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Looking For Advice: Sales and Views

by TwoforTwo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 pm

I recently joined kickstarter with a temporary Pro account from my Substance license, and I've been uploading quite a few things from Substance to the market lately. I've sold quite a few products through the Unreal Marketplace in the past, but found their system cumbersome, and the lack of reviewers ' knowledge leads to delays. I hope the kickstarter market takes off and I can mostly sell here.

So, to this and: how do people advertise, sell, and otherwise bring views to their products? I've done quite a bit of my own research on what appears to be getting views and selling, but I found some real oddities here, including an improperly crafted wooden cylinder I just looked at that managed to garner 114 views and 15 likes in a month… I could have shouted " bots!” but I feel like I'm wrong, and this is some kind of marketing or social trick that I don't understand.

• DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Looking For Advice: Sales and Views

by DianaGibson90oXM » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Digital marketing is very usefull nowadays!
  • CholeBur
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CholeBur » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 pm

It's great that there are blog posts like this one.
    Nowadays, digital marketing is well beyond the context of comprehension because technology has advanced so rapidly that it is challenging to keep up with the trends of digital advertising, which are continually shifting. I've been striving to stay up to date developments but not everyone has the resources, so I recruited a digital graphic design newcastle to make me sort all this out. However, I'd like to use the support to obtain more knowledge of this subject because it would profit me and my company in the future!
  • NogChurchi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by NogChurchi » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:33 pm

CholeBur wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 pm It's great that there are blog posts like this one.
    Nowadays, digital marketing is well beyond the context of comprehension because technology has advanced so rapidly that it is challenging to keep up with the trends of digital advertising, which are continually shifting. I've been striving to stay up to date developments but not everyone has the resources, so I recruited a digital graphic design newcastle to make me sort all this out. However, I'd like to use the support to obtain more knowledge of this subject because it would profit me and my company in the future!
    Thanks a lot!!
    FederikFer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FederikFer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:04 pm

It's great you already decided to develop your business and you try to find your target audience, buyers. As we all know, the product has to be of good quality to be sold in big amounts as well as it should be presented on the market and social media for people to find out about it. Nobody will search for your product when they don't know you, your store, or your products. So the first step is to hire a sales manager because these people know what to do to increase your sales. If you want the whole process to be more successful then also take some courses for you and your employees like Enterprise Sales Leadership Coaching. It will help you all understand the trends, how to present a product how in general to come u with a plan and strategy.
    ReginaX
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ReginaX » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:04 pm

Thank you for bringing this up - I had the exact same thoughts, and am also looking for ways to reach more people for my KS Campaign.

Ideas to gain views/ a following that I read about:
    - Optimizing the products according to customer liking
    - Combine online and offline Marketing
    - Experimenting with Ads on different platforms
    - Experimenting with Ads with different formats

Things that I think are crucial:
    - Being up to date about industry trends,
    - Knowing your audience
    - Building Rapport
    - Consistency
    - Thinking outside the box

Thinking outside the box - probably one of the most important aspects when it comes to promoting your product. Earl Nightingale recommended sitting down one hour a day to write down ideas to improve your craft or to solve a problem. You may come up with 20-30 ideas every day. One idea is enough to transform your business, according to him.

Really hope I could help! :)