What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?
  • toquedilenapr
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?

by toquedilenapr » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:11 pm

I am actually running one right now with kiva. I’ve learned that you can not rely exclusively on their platform to get the results you want. You need yo prepare ahead of time, talk to friends and colleagues about your project (this part to me has been a little bit uncomfortable) and use all the social media outlets out there to promote your project. I used the Kiva platform in 2018 and found it very different this time around. I think the pandemic had negative repercussions in these type of crowdfunding projects because there are so many scams running around since the pandemic hit that people are being extra cautious.

• creator2022
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by creator2022 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:45 am

I think that "video pitches/content" is a critical factor in designing Kickstarter campaigns.
  • House of Thol
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by House of Thol » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:56 pm

We are currently running our second Kickstarter campaign, after successfully raising money to launch our 'Flower Constellations - flower saving arrangement tools' back in 2018.
    What we took from the last campaign is to definitely make sure your video is top-notch, as should all your photographs be.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to respond to all the PR and Marketing services being offered per e-mail.
    We are 4 days into our campaign and at 45% of our goal, so it's going quite alright, but we would be happy with a little boost.
    Is it worth the money to pay for a placement in a newsletter or on a website?
    Any thoughts from anyone?

Thank you for your response!

Best regards, Jana

Our 'Patella Crescenda / future proof food factory for the home' campaign is running until November 25th.
    Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64 ... d-all-year
    ShugoPro
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ShugoPro » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:13 am

Mine hasnt launched yet but ive been working on and promoting for the past month or so. I watched so many of Salvador's videos (he's so smart. i hope to thank him in person one day) and I learned alot.
    When this started I just kinda dove in with no plan. Just make a campaign and tell some friends. I didnt know anything about marketing and promoting, but with the advice I found from all over, I was finally able to step up my social media game, which seems to be helping. But theres still so much to do.
    I guess what I've learned the most is just to have courage and be diligent. (a lesson I kinda lost sight of while being part of the working machine here in tokyo)
    :mrgreen: Follow the "Love or Duty" Manga Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sh ... mplete-set
    :geek: Check out the video trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWq0gQ5z8KU
  • Anitha
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anitha » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:48 am

Very insightful thread which I hope will help in making our project a success!

Our crowdfunding campaign for APPU - a feature film is live here. Check out the link -
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ap ... ature-film

The movie is an entertainment venture with a strong message for the world to act on the poaching crisis contributing to the rapidly receding numbers of elephants in the world.
    We could use all the help and backers we can get to take this noble initiative forward! Thank you for all the relevant tips!
  • iMagicardgame
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by iMagicardgame » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Well,

Not sure how much I've learned yet, my kickstarter launched on March 31st 2023, it's still running until april 30th. I was able to get it funded in less than 2 hours so I guess it was a success. I've reached three stretch goals so far.

I guess the biggest thing for me that led to my success was a marketing campaign on twitter, facebook, and instagram. I created a card game to feature my paintings, and the card game goes along with my novel. So I had a small group of warm market already built in as clients before I launched the card game.

I spent 30 days in advance of the kickstarter getting my warm market hyped for it, and then created some really amazing pledge levels. I sent out over a hundred personal messages on facebook-messenger, created a bunch of videos and facebook lives. Copied most of my marketing onto my instagram, and posted a few things on twitter(this was the least helpful).

Right now what I'm looking for is what suggestions others have for reaching new people in order to reach new stretch goals?

Sean Nathan Ricks
    Author of iMagi
    Creator of the iMagi Card game
    Artist for all of the paintings.
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/im ... term=imagi
  • JanetI
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JanetI » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to be posting for the first time in this community. While I haven't launched my Kickstarter campaign yet, I believe it's crucial to approach it with open eyes and conduct extensive research.

That being said, I'm facing a challenge and would appreciate some advice. I'm struggling to figure out how to inform my followers about my upcoming Kickstarter campaign, get them enthusiastic about it, and avoid coming across as someone who is merely seeking money. My project focuses on protecting the environment, which is a subject I'm passionate about and my followers are familiar with.

Any suggestions or ideas on how I can overcome this obstacle would be greatly appreciated!
  • AKF
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AKF » Mon May 29, 2023 3:51 pm

I've learned that absolutely no Kickstarter marketers want to do small marketing for small projects lol.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ak ... production
  • Finius Lyn
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Finius Lyn » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:58 pm

Set the pricing correctly so that more people can afford to support it at lower levels, knowing that they are getting something of value. Ensure that you know how you will promote the project before clicking 'launch'. Having the proper support levels, addons, and stretch goals, without overwhelming folks with too many choices.
    Peter Raines
    Internet Marketing Agency Owner, Physicist, Game Designer, AI Whisperer

Current Kickstarter Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... compassion
  • Hexa6ram
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Hexa6ram » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:25 am

Not sure this is the right sub, but since experienced runners are answering here - have any of you gotten strange automated e-mails, probably from bots, even during the pre-launch phase? Is that a thing?