What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?
  • Emma-emma
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?

by Emma-emma » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 am

1. Don't spend too much money on Ads.
    2. Describe your project in a more attractive way
    3. Find efficient and right KOLs is the best thing
    4. Keep transparent, active, and communicate with your backers on time.

• acrocomics
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by acrocomics » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:24 pm

I didn't realize making a Kickstarter would be hard until I made one last year for my comic Miserably Altered. Now that I have a 2nd Kickstarter up and running for the comic for issue 2, I am now not as clueless as before! I now have a better following than before but it is still a challenge. Always connect!
  • Adeleke Wilson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Adeleke Wilson » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:41 am

• EC_Introspection
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaig

by EC_Introspection » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:17 am

sbriggman wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 pm
    drlouisechughes wrote: I would say about half of my backers are people I know so far, half I don't. While I am trying to remain positive, I am not sure this is going to be successful, but I will try my hardest to make it so. You will spend a lot of time on the project, both in building the actual page and video and much more in the work that follows the launch. Work out the best time of year as well. I considered a few angles but on reflection there are a few that I should have taken into account and worked around them. I will know for next time, this will not be the only project I do via this method.
    Some great tips here! Just from listening to campaign creators speak about their projects, doing interviews, and studying campaigns, I'd like to add that one takeaway is usually a lack of one of the two (or both):

1. Bad conversions
    2. Low Traffic

Bad conversions means that if 1000 people visit your campaign page, 100 of those people watch the video, and only 1 pledges at a $5 tier, that's a pretty low conversion rate. It makes it harder for the project to take off. The ratio is 1000 unique views : $5 pledged.

You can improve this conversion rate by examining where your traffic is coming from (relevancy) and getting feedback to optimize your writing/video communications, along with your reward tier offerings.

At the end of the day, conversions to me say - how many people want this? If you have a game campaign and get featured on an independent gaming publication and only get 1 pledge out of 1000 people, that could be a bad sign. I would start with 1. driving relevant traffic 2. Examining how many people are willing to support the campaign and at which tiers to give an indication of why they are supporting it 3. Retooling to focus your campaign better to this audience and re-do the process of driving more traffic.

Low traffic is the biggest complaint I receive. Most people think they have a great campaign, that it resonates well, but they just can't get enough traffic to the campaign. For example, if you have 1000 people visit your campaign, 500 of those people watch the video and 250 of those people pledge an average of $25, those are some awesome conversion rates. You would have brought in $6,250 in pledges.

To me, it would make sense to pay for advertising or marketing/pr to get another 1000 people to check out your campaign, as long as the cost doesn't exceed the $6,250-cost of production, but recognize it will eat away at your margins. As an example, if you used a $1 per click model and drove another 1,000 people for $1,000, you could get a decent return on your investment, assuming your costs aren't too high.

As a final thought: I will try to come up with more concrete examples as to how to DRIVE traffic and how to measure conversion rates in a future article on CrowdCrux. In my experience, it's best measured over time. It's hard to drive 4,000 people to a website or product page in a single day unless you have an established following, but over time (a month), you can drive larger amounts to a page more easily than you might think with hard work and consistent effort.
    This was really insightful - I have had people inbox me about their services helping to drive traffic to my website, but as someone else mentioned, if you get low to zero conversions from that traffic it may have a negative impact on your analytics.
  • Ersalina
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ersalina » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:47 pm

Definately have your social media and followings on multiple platforms built and in place months ahead before launching. My partner and I only built our following on Instagram, and now we are having to play catch up!
    Start gathering email lists too and send out samples/prototypes for family and friends to test and get feedback too before launching any products :)
    Ersalina Lim / Luca Pet

Kickstarter - http://kck.st/3aRVy1c
    Website - http://www.shoplucapets.com
    Instagram - @shoplucapets
    Email - ersalina@shoplucapets.com
  • annarpa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by annarpa » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:22 pm

You always forget to send your link to someone who could be life-saving!
  • virginia90
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Everything You Need To Know About Container Tracking

by virginia90 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Fortunately, the application of newer technology has transformed the shipping industry and taken supply chain operations to the next level. Container tracking software is a global trend within the logistics industry nowadays, making shipping journeys smooth, easy to track, and efficient. Keep reading to know how container tracking can be useful for your shipments.
  • VDN1603
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VDN1603 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 pm

How many useful information here. Unfortunately I found it too late.
    I am finishing my kickstarter campaign shortly and will prepare a next one in half a year with all lessons learned.
    Dear all, if you could be so nice, maybe you could check my page? I am making volumetric wrist watches with handmade 3D dials. Thank you! =)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... ref=9t9z1s
  • SoldierzofPeesh@444
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SoldierzofPeesh@444 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 pm

Try everything. All forms of promotion even free
  • benjaminb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by benjaminb » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:00 pm

I have spent a lot of time creating content for our product's Kickstarter page and landing page for pre-launch. The thing I have learned is the structure of how to introduce your product and how hard is the make a pitch.

you can see the image that what I really came up with is the structure of a kickstart page.

KICKSTARTER PAGE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cu ... tarter-kit
    Attachments
    structure.jpg
    structure.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 641 times