Fixing cabin sole water damage
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Fixing cabin sole water damage

by Emad785 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 am

I'm getting around to fixing the cabin sole. The leaks are taken care of so now I can focus on the restoration.

I have 3 issues:

- Cracks between the wood
    - Water staining + dirt
    - Slightly lifted boards

How do I go about fixing each of these issues?

I haven't wanted to fill any gaps with varnish, epoxy, or whatever until the cracks are clean.

I'm toying with the idea of sanding the whole floor but it's a huge job and I need to take care of other things first. So if there's a temporary measure in between then that would be nice.

Do I just sand the slightly raised boards flat? I tried getting underneath but that's impossible.

• DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Fixing cabin sole water damage

by DianaGibson90oXM » Mon May 16, 2022 11:55 am

Have you managed to fix it?
  • EdinStops
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by EdinStops » Mon May 16, 2022 11:55 am

Oh my god! This wooden floor is destroyed by mould. Isn't it easier to buy new wood for the floor rather than spend a lot of time recognising it? When my home was flooded, I had a lot of mould in the house, and I called a water damage repair company o deal with it. After they dried my house, I found out that the floor was destroyed, so I was struggling between buying new wood or reconditioning the old. I have made some calculations and understood that buying new wood for the floor would be easier and cheaper.
    -- Junior Member --

by teslastar » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:00 pm

From my limited time researching solar is that you don't want to mix and max panels. You might be able to get away with a single 220w to kind of over panel the system so it maxes out the wattage but you gotta be careful about the volts and amps and make sure the solar input can handle it the larger panel. If you don't want to over panel then just get one 2 hundred watt or two 1 hundred watt panels. Try these ones https://generatorpick.com/best-solar-generators/
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by serenity007 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:22 pm

If a homeowner installs solar with a secured or unsecured solar loan, the loan will always remain their liability, even if the property is sold. As a result, if you're looking to buy a home and the previous owner installed solar panels through a loan, you don't need to worry about any additional payments or contracts. If you buy a solar panel system, you own the system, either outright (if purchasing with cash) or after repaying your solar loan. If you lease the system or sign a power purchase agreement (PPA), a third party owns the solar panel system. ... Note that PPAs are not legally permitted in many areas. Go to my Profile and you can find all Solar Panels material there...
    hamemont
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hamemont » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:56 am

It's great that you've taken care of the leaks and can now focus on restoring your cabin sole. For the cracks between the wood, you can use a wood filler or epoxy resin to fill them in. Make sure to clean the cracks thoroughly before applying any filler to ensure a good bond.
    If you're dealing with water damage in other areas of your home, you might want to consider professional water damage restoration services. https://www.alldryus.com/new-york/new-york-city-water-damage-restoration/ offers expert water damage restoration services in New York City. Their team can help restore your home to its pre-damaged condition, ensuring a safe and healthy environment.