I got a letter from other person's insurance that i owed
    Mirko
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I got a letter from other person's insurance that i owed

by Mirko » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am

Hi guys!

I had an accident back in April and i only liability insurance that covers $15000 for bodily injury and $5000 for property damage

I paid $13000 to fix my car, and now the other person (who i hit) insurance company sent me a letter saying they paid $12,000 which includes their insured' deductible.

And they are saying they have been informed that their claim exceeds my policy limit, therefore leaving a balance owed by me directly...

Do I really have to pay this..?
    I mean.. it seems this insurance company is trying to make up their loss from me. Is this right way to do?

Please advise. Im frustrated.

butlerin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: I got a letter from other person's insurance that i owed

by butlerin » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 am

Every case is special in its way. And you can never be sure if you're eligible for compensation if you don't know all the legal details. My recommendation would be to get the opinion of a professional. Think about a free consultation at any law firm specializing in this field. You can share your story and what you're worried about and then check the attorney's proposals. Then you decide if it's worth trying to get compensation in your case. If you don't know where you can go, check oxnerpermarlaw.com. They have a lot of online information, and you can check if it's the case for you to appeal to professional consultation.
    Margod
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Margod » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:42 pm

Bullshit
    Call your lawyer and see what he says!
  • Hatiwann
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Hatiwann » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:23 pm

I think you should contact a good lawyer and find out what the chances are in your situation not to pay this money. If you have a difficult financial situation right now, you can look for a lawyer who works pro bono. You can find a template for the appeal at https://docsandslides.com/googledocs/co ... templates/ and describe your situation. If you have an interesting case, there is a chance that a talented young lawyer will be able to help you to gain practical skills. Good luck to you.