Could Another Streaming Service Be the Answer to Having Too Many Choices? This New Platform Hopes So
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Could Another Streaming Service Be the Answer to Having Too Many Choices? This New Platform Hopes So

by charli55 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:33 pm

We’ve all been there: Endlessly scrolling through the hundreds of movies served to you by the Netflix algorithm — only to come to the conclusion that there’s just nothing to watch. Then on to Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video, or any one of the other major streaming services, only to be faced with the same problem.

What if the solution to the paradoxical problem of too many choices but nothing to watch lies in yes, another streaming service? The team behind a newly launched streamer, Curia, hopes that could be the case.

Rather than hundreds of options served up by technology, Curia wants to deliver “only the good stuff” by programming around 80 features a month in a rotating selection of collections like this month’s New York Stories, featuring “King of New York,” “Light Sleeper,” and eight other films that take viewers across the boroughs and through decades. For just $3.99 a month, Curia aims to be a service that can serve as a compliment to the streaming giants, while never letting its subscribers feel the same way those other, bigger services do.

Curia launched in July and was founded by Edward Walson, a cable TV veteran and producer of theater and films including “Blue Jasmine.” Garrett Weaver, a former Universal and eOne acquisitions executive, and two-decade SXSW programming veteran Jarod Neece head Curia’s programming efforts.

• AlanMcLean
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Could Another Streaming Service Be the Answer to Having Too Many Choices? This New Platform Hopes So

by AlanMcLean » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:07 pm

I have been watching movies on the platform Netflix for a long time, at first, it was great dubbing, picture, no ads, but now so many ads it is impossible to watch a series or a movie. But I tried the services Curia I liked it, and the price is reasonable, as well as easy to understand for any Internet user; I also found a similar site www.themovieocean.com, where you can also absolutely free to watch the series, and it seems to be not inferior to these sites so that I will use three areas, it is better than nothing.
  • Grutt
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Could Another Streaming Service Be the Answer to Having Too Many Choices? This New Platform Hopes So

by Grutt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:02 am

What other options are there to avoid connecting a lot of subscriptions?
  • Rezzonto
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rezzonto » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:03 am

We used to have several subscriptions to different streaming sites. Still, we decided to cut out spending on that during the quarantine. Especially since we watched almost nothing on some of them. Our acquaintances advised us to buy iptv. This is the most modern and optimal option for "quality + price." It comes to the house on the same cable as the Internet, it can potentially deliver an unlimited number of channels, always high picture quality, a wide range of additional services. Another practical advantage is that no antenna is required, and you don't even have to have a TV. You can watch IPTV on any gadget with a screen.