Lighting
  • moreau1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Lighting

by moreau1991 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 am

What should I buy - a chandelier or a pendant mount?

• acrocomics
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Lighting

by acrocomics » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Depends on the look you are going for! Chandeliers are nice.
    Averyton
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Averyton » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:25 am

Yeah, I would rather buy some led lights
  • Lage1812
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Lage1812 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:47 pm

Hey just saw your post and thought you might like our Kickstarter campaign. It' an LED light with a totally new mounting approach. We are building our campaign page right now so please feel free to give feedback ;) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ne ... n=8ecdeda4
  • Rezzonto
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rezzonto » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:00 pm

I like the LED lighting bulbs better, too. I ordered a few different ones from Amazon, and the one I liked best was the adjustable light bulb https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb ... 0922Q43LY/. I used it with regular light, and I can control it with my smartphone.
    I also advise you to choose lighting that will match the interior. If you choose a soft pastel palette for the bedroom, then the light fixtures are better to pick up in the same style.
    If the interior is made in a bright color scheme, the lighting fixtures must be more contrasting. It's also essential to consider the chandelier's location when selecting fixtures.
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks for the information.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:15 pm

It really depends on the room design and the look you are going for. Generally, chandeliers give a more classic vibe and 'mature' style. I fell in love with a gorgeous chandelier, but it didn't exactly go with the style I was aiming for, and I was a little heartbroken. So I had to choose a different lighting system for my living room. But, once I added a color changing light bulb, it looked so much better than I had imagined, and I was happy with the final result. I am still considering getting a chandelier for a different room, but I am just not confident it will go with the style we chose for our home. Hope you'll be happy with your choice!