SO how do I Make Money From my Songs?
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

SO how do I Make Money From my Songs?

by DianaGibson90oXM » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:09 pm

I've had over 4,500 plays on Soundcloud for all my various songs and it occurs to me that maybe, just maybe I might make some money from people listening to my songs.

The first question is, do any of you do this?

The second question is how do you do it? As in which distribution company do you use? for example, CD Baby? Tunecore, Ditto?

I know there are a bunch of them. I'm just trying to see which is the best for me. I've done a fair bit of research and I'm undecided. Some of them appear to have hidden fees. I do know that nobody does this for free but I'm trying to find the most efficient one. Let's just say the best for my money.

If any of you have had any experiences with any of these companies I'd really like to hear from you.

annalivan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: SO how do I Make Money From my Songs?

by annalivan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:23 pm

I didn't know that it was possible to earn money on this
    rubyarcox
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by rubyarcox » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:36 pm

It all depends on where you post your music and what else you do for your advertising. The audience often comes from YouTube, so I could advise you to upload either just a track there or already simulate some clips or art videos. You can also apply for advertising in the amv near me service to help you gain an audience faster and promote your music. It would also be possible to create a sound in TikTok with your song; this is now the fastest way to hear it to as many people as possible. Already based on these three points, more people will listen to you, and accordingly, you will receive more money
  • Grutt
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grutt » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:44 pm

It's interesting, thanks
  • Rezzonto
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rezzonto » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:47 pm

To begin with, you should start monetizing your song by selling it. You can do this through music publishers and labels, and there are plenty of them now, or you can upload it yourself through aggregators. After uploading your song to all the digital platforms, you will get income from listening, buying, and even watching YouTube videos with your song. If you want to earn money, you should promote your songs. This can be done in Tik Tok, on YouTube. These platforms give the best results in promotion and monetization.
  • MarissaMcconnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MarissaMcconnell » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:25 pm

Release your songs on streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube. While the earnings may not be significant at first, as your fan base grows, so will your income. You can also monetize your YouTube channel by enabling ads on your music videos. You play games that pay instantly to cash app to make some money for the ad on SM.
    hamemont
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hamemont » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:08 am

That's awesome to hear about your success on Soundcloud! Making money from your songs is definitely possible. Many artists use distribution companies like CD Baby, Tunecore, or Ditto to get their music out there and earn royalties. It's essential to do your research to find the best fit for you, considering factors like fees and services offered. Generating income from your music can be a great way to monetize your talent.
    If you're interested in exploring more avenues for passive income, you might want to check out this article. Keep up the fantastic work with your music, and here's to your continued success!