Free numbers to receive text messages
  • zobb
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Free numbers to receive text messages

by zobb » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:10 am

Advise me on a proven service for receiving sms online.

• konor
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Free numbers to receive text messages

by konor » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:39 pm

I constantly come across sites that ask for your phone number and confirm it by receiving sms.I used to use my personal number, but then I noticed that spam started coming in, so now I use only virtual numbers to receive temp sms. SMS to numbers come quickly, like regular SMS to the phone.
  • Alerases
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Alerases » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Report them to the FCC. Go to donotcall.gov and hit the green link that's labeled "report unwanted calls." I started doing this and surprisingly, I stopped getting so many calls. I actually haven't gotten a spam call in about a month now. I went from quite a few to none after reporting every single one. I also downloaded an app called "Mr. Number." It shows up as a caller ID to show you who is calling. It even shows other users' comments on the number that is called if it's spam or a collector. It can even block calls. It's currently auto-blocking the Spectrum number for me because I can't report them since I have their internet service. Just click here and you will find the help
    ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by ECarr1991 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:32 pm

Truecaller is by far the best I've come across it has a free and paid version I personally use the paid because it's very cheap and in my opinion totally worth it (and I am very cheap when it comes to subscriptions to things I could count on one hand how many I have) but either way the paid and free versions are great especially for the blocking feature.