Vet Visits - Is A Struggle Normal?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Vet Visits - Is A Struggle Normal?

by charli55 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am

My vets are good about trusting me that I know my dogs as individuals now. I am very specific and no nonsense about it. I tell them what I need, what I need to do, and what they need to do as far as handling, approach, etc.

Work with your vet and don't be afraid to advocate for your dog, while making sure to understand the vets and their staff need to be safe. I prefer a dog that is easy to handle at the vet (I have two like that) but for some dogs you can train and practice and the dog still isn't going to willingly walk away with the nice vet tech. I communicate clearly, and we're all OK.

• soniamann
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Vet Visits - Is A Struggle Normal?

by soniamann » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am

Yes, this is a normal phenomenon
    lukevanc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lukevanc » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:59 am

It depends on the situation, on the breed of animal, and on the education, you have given to your little friend. But, there are some specific cases when the animal is afraid of going to the vet and feels uncomfortable, and in some cases uncontrollable as well, that is why it would be great to inform yourself about how to treat your pet, hence, you have to make a little research, (So did I) and here my advice would be to visit this page of VETERINARY SCHOOLS which has different programs aimed to satisfy the general knowledge for specific breeds and some specific health issues, so, to be frank, that was very interesting, useful and well organized so that you as a reader, would understand everything) Thank you, guys!
  • CynthiaLLara
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CynthiaLLara » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Well, it is normal because I have also 2 dogs in my house and I have always needed vets from time to time and that's why I know about this. By the way today I was looking for some other work and I need some help with my https://essay-reviewer.com/penmypaper-com-review/ website work and I read your post which was about my favourite animals and that's why I participated in this conversation.