drift wood picture frame
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

drift wood picture frame

by Rougdab » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:41 pm

I took too many drift wood from my last holidays from die Ardeché - so I had to me creative and designd an fancy drift wood picture frame - really easy to do it by yourself!
    https://youtu.be/JblnfiEjqXQ

Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: drift wood picture frame

by Angomod » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:42 pm

Your frame is amazing and individual and it's perfect to be recreated by someone that loves DIYs and it's good at them. My hands are lost in space and don't do great work for creating this kind of project that's why I choose to shop online at frameshop.com.au since they are the best for my tastes. I think your project is worth trying especially if you want to create something unusual that you won't see at anybody else and if it matches well with your decor and style. Maybe one day I will find the courage to do it.
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by teslastar » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm

I like the Fujikawa Maruya chisels I received. They are entry-level priced, but still good. I like that they are small and the steel is very hard. If you have over-sized hands Japanese chisels might be uncomfortably small. A 6mm and 12mm would be all you need to get started. But better then this is https://www.craftyhangouts.com/best-wood-chisels/ which is more effective for me.
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by serenity007 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:52 pm

I'm right with you on this. I have a couple of bevel edge narex and they're great but I also have a set of marples from the BORG. Get a $20 marples/narex set and you will get the experience you need from a little more sharpening than a high end chisel.