My Kickstarter campaign has slowed down - Significantly.
  • Sheridan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My Kickstarter campaign has slowed down - Significantly.

by Sheridan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi there guys,

After a strong start, my Kickstarter campaign has basically stalled. There are maybe 3 other people I know who can pledge to get me to 22%, but after that, I do not know what else to do. We had a lot of money quickly within the first 48 hours after a strong pre launch campaign. I was under the impression that this would be enough to trigger Kickstarter's algorithm, but that does not seem to be the case...

I know it's nothing to do with the quality of our film (which is for a short film, a heist thriller) as we have had good feedback on that and the campaign..but there seems to a be a lack of interest which is alarming as what we are doing is very original and the campaign is strong.

Does anybody have any advice on how to move forward? This is our relaunch after a failed first attempt.

Here is the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sh ... n-and-hove

Our pre-launch page for our upcoming punk noir heist thriller film Brighton & Hove is up!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sh ... n-and-hove
  • Robablo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: My Kickstarter campaign has slowed down - Significantly.

by Robablo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:41 pm

Kickstarters will always slow down a ton after the first few days. Happened to my Kickstarter too. The best advice I can give is to try and share the project with small, niche communities that you think would be interested in it.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My Kickstarter campaign has slowed down - Significantly.

by Cristina » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:17 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman