We moved to a new house
  • DeirdreGlover
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

We moved to a new house

by DeirdreGlover » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:27 am

We moved in on May 15 & still have a million boxes. It's a party atmosphere when we located the can opener! Almost have the kitchen done. Master bedroom as well. The guest room is a temporary storage center. Have you seen my sewing room? I saw it from the door. Do you think the fabric will multiply? And maybe the boxes & bins will empty themselves? No? I didn't think so. We love our new house. We just want to be done with the unpacking. And a BIG BIG shoutout to our amazing daughter & her husband. They've been so awesome helping us.

tracygaug
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: We moved to a new house

by tracygaug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:31 pm

Haha I understand; after the move, we were happy when we found a sponge for washing dishes.
    Marigioshi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Marigioshi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Congratulations, I wish you to be happy in your new home
    Martinkatan
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Martinkatan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:49 pm

Oh, I understand you. I was in a similar situation, and I know that there is no end to these boxes. Thank God, on our last move, we used a new transportation service for us, which helped us to transport our things with care and pack them so that later it would be easy to unpack everything in a new home. I was delighted with their work and even surprised that the prices for their services are below average. If suddenly you have to deal with the move again, then first read this so that you no longer suffer so much with these boxes. Good luck with completing the move, and I hope that you will no longer have such problems.
    shawresse
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shawresse » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:38 am

Martinkatan wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:49 pm Oh, I understand you. I was in a similar situation, and I know that there is no end to these boxes. Thank God, on our last move, we used a new transportation service for us, which helped us to transport our things with care and pack them so that later it would be easy to unpack everything in a new home. I was delighted with their work and even surprised that the prices for their services are below average. If suddenly you have to deal with the move again, then first read this so that you no longer suffer so much with these boxes. Good luck with completing the move, and I hope that you will no longer have such problems.
    There have always been problems with the number of boxes when moving, but children like to make bases out of them and play with it.
    Gascoigne
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Gascoigne » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:18 pm

Yes, I can understand. The feeling of moving into a new home is outstanding. I remember when my son has born, we moved into a bigger house. To be honest, the moving was pretty hard. We were lucky that the guys from Mortgage Advisor Leeds helped us find the new place and sell the old one. By the way, if you have trouble with moving the boxes, I can recommend a good moving company. If there is something else I can help you with, just feel free to text me. Wish you a wonderful day.
    Jakondama
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Jakondama » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Congratulations!
    Vibrursan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Vibrursan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:48 am

My advice would be to buy some LED lights. That's precisely what I did when I moved to my new home, and it was the best choice ever. It gave the rooms a lot more charm, and I loved how they looked, even though there was not much decor there. I got mine from https://www.ukled.co.uk/led-strip-lights.html, and I recommend this shop with my whole heart. They offer a lot of products, especially LED lights. They sell the only ones on the market with such excellent quality at such an affordable price. The LEDs I bought from them changed the whole aspect of my house!
  • saul
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by saul » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:02 pm

Hey! I have reached a situation where I have to move as soon as possible. The rent where we are staying has been sold, and the tenant has informed us that we have to leave as soon as possible. Good that we managed to find a new rental, but the problem is that we don't really manage to pack everything, because we have a lot of things. Can anyone give some advice?
  • ystyle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ystyle » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:06 pm

Start by prioritizing essential items and packing them first. This way, you ensure that crucial things are ready to go even if you run out of time for the non-essentials. Enlist friends or family to help if possible, and consider hiring professional movers who specialize in same-day services to handle the bulk of the work efficiently.

I recently came across an interesting article about Rapid Same Day Moving Services that might be helpful in your situation. These services are designed to accommodate urgent moves like yours, offering quick packing and transportation solutions. They often provide trained professionals who can pack up your belongings swiftly and transport them to your new place without delay. You can read more about how these services operate and their benefits at https://threemovers.com/same-day-movers/ . Hopefully, this resource can assist you in managing your move smoothly despite the tight timeline!
    Last edited by ystyle on Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.