How do you rekindle your passion for the guitar
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How do you rekindle your passion for the guitar

by DianaGibson90oXM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 am

I have been playing the guitar for many years, and there are very few things in my life that give me so much pleasure and enjoyment.
    Nevertheless, there was a period in my life when I almost completely gave up playing. It was not long after I got married.
    Before the wedding, there were many parties where I was always the key person, because I knew a lot of popular songs, played and sang very well, and I had no problems with girls. After the wedding, I felt that something was gone. I got a new role in my life that was hard to get used to in the first 6 months, with new responsibilities, priorities, and challenges. Then the children. The guitar couldn't find its place in my life for 6 long years.
    But one day - " Boom”, everything changed! in 2016, I found a podcast about guitar music, guitars, and playing guitar that I started listening to on the way home in the car, and it was at this point that my long-gone passion for playing guitar was revived. I took my old laminated acoustic guitar from the top shelf of the closet where it had been sleeping all these years, wiped off the thick layer of dust, and started playing again.
    Now I have 3 good guitars, I play fingerstyle, I know almost a dozen TAE songs, and I'm happy to have a guitar in my life again.
    All these years, I've had days when the guitar wasn't so inspiring, but it didn't last long. Unfortunately, these days I'm going through a period of almost a month where, no matter what I do, I can't play with the passion I had before, and I'm afraid I'll lose interest in playing guitar again.
    How do you feed your passion for the guitar? Have you ever had the same periods when you quit playing?

• keilecpod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: How do you rekindle your passion for the guitar

by keilecpod » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 am

That's great that you can enjoy something for years
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 am

I love to play guitar or piano when I have listeners. Never got people who play just for themselves
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 am

I always loved when someone played guitar for me, but I decided to learn how to play since there is no one around. I started by searching for some self-lessons, but it didn’t end up well. So, I hired a teacher to explain to me the basics. Besides, I found a classical guitar tab to learn a couple of songs. I cannot say that I’m too successful in my lessons, but at least I’m passionate enough to attend them. Hopefully, it can be counted as a rekindling passion for guitar.
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 am

MrOsborne wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 am I always loved when someone played guitar for me, but I decided to learn how to play since there is no one around. I started by searching for some self-lessons, but it didn’t end up well. So, I hired a teacher to explain to me the basics. Besides, I found a classical guitar tab to learn a couple of songs. I cannot say that I’m too successful in my lessons, but at least I’m passionate enough to attend them. Hopefully, it can be counted as a rekindling passion for guitar.
    Thanks for sharing this tab! I've just checked it out!