Building relationship with bloggers/influencers
    Viktor Ba
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Building relationship with bloggers/influencers

by Viktor Ba » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 pm

I read a lot of articles on building connections and relationship with bloggers.
    But when I actually started researching this subject myself I realized that its really difficult to contact most of the bloggers . They are "untouchable", there is no contact information in most of the cases. Yes there is a contact form but there is no direct email or something. You can't find them on FB and you cant contact them on Linkedin if you don't have paid account. There is no way you can PM them on Twitter if they don't follow you (why would they if they don't know you).

How do you guys deal with it ? Just pick the bloggers that can be reached ?

p.s. I know most of the people use offer some kind of giveaways to bloggers like samples ,etc. But did anyone offer money or interest on sales ? If no why ? Just curious

LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Building relationship with bloggers/influencers

by LeslieBShaw » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:21 am

I agree that it was very difficult to do this at the time,but it's good that bloggers now have their managers.It's easy to contact them.
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:09 am

I remember how hard it used to be to get in touch with any famous person.I almost had to stand outside their houses for days to catch them and offer something. I was enthusiastic which had a bunch of ideas for their videos and their pictures. Unfortunately, I once made such a mistake and a couple of bloggers stole my ideas and became famous for them.I had to read Prayer so that they would notice me and still give them a chance to help and rationalize a couple of great ideas.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 am

There are SO MANY BLOGGERS and Influencers out there.

The amount of attention and answers back you get will depend a lot on what you're offering and what your product/idea is about.
    If they get 100 emails a day, and from those only 1 is really about something they can see themselves working with, they won't necessarily take the time to answer the other 99 emails.

Would you?
    I'm not saying I agree. I try to answer every email I get, but it's not necessarily easy.

Now, you can re-think who are you reaching out to.
    If your project is small, you're the only one working on it, and don't have a big following or brand, bloggers and influencers with over 20k followers will probably don't answer back. It's taken them a lot to get where they are, and they get to be very picky about the project/ideas they work with.

So perhaps if your following is around the 300s, you can reach out to people on the 2k-10k following. This will give you a big exposure, and you can start creating those relationships you need to grow.

Bonus tip: Re-reach. Just a line asking if they received your last message would do.

Things take time. Don't give up!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • JudeEngbretson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JudeEngbretson » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Bloggers can be a great resource in brand promotion. But if you want them to speak positively and authentically about your brand, you need to build a strong relationship with them. As a blogger myself, some of my closest relationships are with brand marketers. They know about my blogging style and my strengths and weaknesses as a blogger. We discuss market trends and creative ways to promote your brand.