Moving and need advice
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Moving and need advice

by Emad785 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:11 pm

I am moving to another state. Should I do it with my friends help, or just hire movers?

• DeirdreGlover
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Moving and need advice

by DeirdreGlover » Mon May 24, 2021 12:47 pm

It will be easier to hire movers
  • Fergall
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fergall » Mon May 24, 2021 12:48 pm

There are some moving companies that can transport your pets, but I am not sure if they are working with snakes. When I was moving to another state I had to find a way how to transport my tank and my fish. In the beginning, I thought that it is impossible but I found a company that helped me. We cleared the aquarium and I put all the fish in some special buckets and I took them with me in the car, while the tank was on the bus. When we arrived at the destination first of all I installed the tank, so I could put back all the fish.
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ingirma » Mon May 31, 2021 3:10 pm

What moving company helped you? Unfortunately, I've got some unpleasant experiences with moving companies, and I'm afraid to turn to them again...
  • NogChurchi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by NogChurchi » Mon May 31, 2021 5:54 pm

Fergall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:48 pm There are some moving companies that can transport your pets, but I am not sure if they are working with snakes. When I was moving to another state I had to find a way how to transport my tank and my fish. In the beginning, I thought that it is impossible but I found a company that helped me. We cleared the aquarium and I put all the fish in some special buckets and I took them with me in the car, while the tank was on the bus. When we arrived at the destination first of all I installed the tank, so I could put back all the fish.
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rougdab » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Oh, so sorry for you. It's a pity that the majority of moving companies don't even provide a clear contract. The most annoying fact is that the bill is considerably higher in the end, but the service is so damn poor. Anyways, it took me years to find a trusted moving company, and since then, I only appeal to expomovers.com. They are licensed and insured to protect your stuff, so you don't have to worry about them. If you want to save some money, you can pack everything independently, and the movers will take care of transportation and heavy lifting. They have a wide range of services, so you better contact them for additional info. I hope they'll help you!