We found a bug in the carpet
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

We found a bug in the carpet

by LeslieBShaw » Sun May 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Our family moved into a new apartment last month, my family really likes it. We installed a new carpet, but I'm not sure if the carpet was properly stocked or if it was even clean. Speaking of which, it's because we found a tiny brown beetle hiding in the carpet. I tried to catch it and squeeze it, but blood gushed out. So I'm pretty sure he sucked our blood. Could it have been a bug? If so, please recommend some good insecticides for bed bugs.

• DeirdreGlover
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: We found a bug in the carpet

by DeirdreGlover » Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 pm

OMG, that's awful, I hate insects!
  • Fergall
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fergall » Mon May 24, 2021 6:51 pm

I guess it really been a bug.
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Oh, that's scarifying, because I understand your situation. I also had this kind of situation, when I moved into a new apartment. Even if it looked very modern and comfortable I founded out that there were bed bugs. I am very scared of any insects, and I had a huge panic. My cousin told me that I have to use procleaninglondon.co.uk in this situation, to disinfect all the house and furniture, to wash the carpet.
  • DannyH
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DannyH » Fri May 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Yeah, it was a bug. If you have small children, pets in the house, or have no opportunity to leave the room during pest control, try to deal with bedbugs with safe methods. So, wash all home textiles at 194°. Dry-clean items that require delicate care. Carpets can be cleaned by these guys https://radiantcarpetrepairs.com.au/. Next, find places where bedbugs have settled. Steam the nests. Bedbugs die upon prolonged exposure to temperatures above 110°. Steam, having a temperature of at least 212°, instantly destroys pests and their eggs. If you don't have a steam generator, you can use an iron with a steaming function.