Organic Chicken Train Feedback
  • jnorto00
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Organic Chicken Train Feedback

by jnorto00 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a farmer in Northern Colorado. I am new to kickstarter, twitter, and creating an internet presence. I hope to start gaining momentum soon. Please give me any feedback you have. This seems to be a great community with a great eye for projects.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/33 ... better-env

Thank You,

Justin Norton

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Organic Chicken Train Feedback

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Justin - My initial reaction is...wouldn't shipping eggs/food to people not in your immediate community be difficult? This sort of leads me to conclude that it's crucial that you connect with your local community. Have you contacted any of the local papers about your new initiative?

organic egg train.png
    organic egg train.png (25.7 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Based on the stats, you need to hustle this week - at the current rate it doesn't seem like you will meet your goal.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jnorto00
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Organic Chicken Train Feedback

by jnorto00 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, shipping eggs/meat is near impossible. I tried to combat this by offering the option for donors to donate their animals to the local foodbank (not sure how many kickstart backers are into charity) so that a family in need can have some good nourishing food. I think you are right though that most of my support will come locally. Thank you for your feedback. I just tried to contact every local paper I could about the project. I really hope that it pays off!!