How to reach people I don't know ?
    mat_mathilde
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to reach people I don't know ?

by mat_mathilde » Sat May 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I just launched my first Kickstarter campaign a week ago for my short film. A lot of people who contributed are my family and friends, which I'm super grateful for!

However, I was wondering how can I reach people I don't know, without paying for ads and promotions ? (I'm a student and the project is my graduation film).

Because I don't actually sell a cool product or something like that, and because it is a student film (drama genre), I find it quite hard to know where I can share and promote my short film and my kickstarter campaign. Do you have any tips and advice about that ?

I feel like soon I'm going to run out of relatives and my kickstarter goal won't be reached yet, so I need any advice and tips you can give me :p Thank you!

Pour mon fils : A short film about buying, owning and love : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... g-and-love
  • bitcohen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: How to reach people I don't know ?

by bitcohen » Thu May 13, 2021 12:31 pm

The campaign for my business was small and we also didn't use additional services like ads.
    I kept it pretty straightforward with social media and leaving little cards advertising the campaign in local businesses relevant to my product. I tapped into friends and asked them to share and like our posts as much as possible and then tried lots of different things to see what sticks from serious blog posts to memes to a short rap video. Everyday I posted new content or an update and our friends really spread the word through shares to people we didn't directly know.

It sounds cheesy and childish, but do not underestimate the power of reaching out to family and friends of family.
    Last edited by bitcohen on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • rjcrowart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rjcrowart » Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 am

I would also like to know some tips. I don't have many close friends or family. In fact, family has backed and my friends won't even share.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:59 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman