Feedback for my game KS campaign Treachery in Beatdown City
    nuchallenger
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Feedback for my game KS campaign Treachery in Beatdown City

by nuchallenger » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Hello all, I heard this was the place to go for any sort of feedback.

I spent quite a long time setting up my kickstarter, and was hoping you guys could give some feedback.

It's right here - Treachery in Beatdown City. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuchallenger/treachery-in-beatdown-city-a-tactical-beat-em-up

Right now we do have a plan to add some more personal videos to the campaign with me and the team speaking, but couldn't get them done in time for the launch.

Is there anything else that stands out?

Thanks!

• naomitripi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Feedback for my game KS campaign Treachery in Beatdown C

by naomitripi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 am

I looked it over, and honestly nothing stood out as unappealing. The sticker price for the entire campaign seemed high, but the individual tiers didn't look unreasonable. I think if you have any trouble it will probably be in finding effective ways to promote your Kickstarter. For that I have a great piece of advice: Kickstarter doesn't create communities, it taps into communities that are already in existence. So find the communities who love this kind of game, and tap them. Tap them all.
    :^)
    I do hope that is helpful.
    -Naomi Tripi
    (Currently running "Flip Flash" card game kickstarter)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm

I agree, looks pretty good. I would be more likely to play the game on my iphone than PC/Mac.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    nuchallenger
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nuchallenger » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 am

Thanks. Yeah making sure the community being there is probably something I could have done better, although I have seen unknown games get well over funded.. so we'll see.

Also yeah, a lot of people like mobile gaming, but for me as a designer it's not a market worth developing for as most people expect your game to be free, and I like to make games that are not based around in app purchase, because that breaks the game's inherent design.
    BitofaGeek
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BitofaGeek » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey dude!

Nice campaign. Awesome-looking game, too.

I may just be blind, but I couldn't find anywhere on your page that states exactly what the money will be used for. I assume it's to pay everyone's wage, given that you're all doing it full-time now, but it's not explicitly mentioned. Sorry if I'm just overlooking it.

People feel more confident in giving money if they know what their money is being put towards - have you considered showing a cost breakdown of all your expenses?

A nice detailed campaign, otherwise :)

On the note of an iPhone release, have you thought about showing adverts between levels rather than in-app purchases? As a gamer I can understand why you wouldn't want to use in-app purchases, but maybe ad revenue is another way for you to earn on that platform. I'm sure you've already thought of that though :)
    Last edited by BitofaGeek on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Entertainment for awesome people - http://www.BitofaGeek.com
    nuchallenger
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nuchallenger » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks for the advice. I've thought about that, and I might put that up there. The realities of game development often aren't very apparent to people. Also just the fact that kickstarter takes 5% & amazon takes 3-5% is huge.

And yeah, ads might be something, but honestly they don't amount to much in the end. You need tons of people playing your game to make it worth it. However you cut it, free to play usually requires a large spend on the side of the developer.

I also just find that phone experiences are more disposable than on PC/consoles/handhelds, even.