becoming a dog trainer
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

becoming a dog trainer

by TwoforTwo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:40 pm

now it's quite profitable to become a dog trainer, so, what do you think about this "business"

• IreneGrant
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: becoming a dog trainer

by IreneGrant » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 pm

I agree with you
  • NogChurchi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by NogChurchi » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 pm

In the beginning, my dog was very stressed when going to the vet. I have noticed that while we are waiting for our turn to enter the cabinet, he was so scared. It is something normal. If you have a good vet, with time, your dog will get used to him, and maybe with time, he will trust him. Dogs are very smart, after some visits to the vet, the dog will understand that the strange man is doing everything for his benefit. This is why I think that being a vet is very hard. You need to know to heal the animals, but also you need to know how to communicate with them and gain their trust.
    -- Junior Member --

by Lovala » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:06 pm

It's profitable once you have success !
    greaseboi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by greaseboi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 pm

In order to become a good dog trainer, you have to love animals! You will need a lot of patience with them. It is not so easy to teach a dog all the commands.
    You will need a lot of time in practice to be a good one. You have to learn a lot of info regarding the dog's health and behavior. Try to use sites as bulldogpapa.com, where you can find more articles where is written about different issues that a dog might experience.
    Once you know all the details, you'll become one of the best and the most requested dog trainers.
    NERV
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by NERV » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:12 pm

greaseboi wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 pm In order to become a good dog trainer, you have to love animals! You will need a lot of patience with them. It is not so easy to teach a dog all the commands.
    You will need a lot of time in practice to be a good one. You have to learn a lot of info regarding the dog's health and behavior. Try to use sites as bulldogpapa.com, where you can find more articles where is written about different issues that a dog might experience.
    Once you know all the details, you'll become one of the best and the most requested dog trainers.
    I completely agree with you , dude !!!
  • Zelares
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zelares » Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm

I'd say it's a great idea to become a dog trainer, especially if you REALLY love dogs. It takes a lot of time and practice, of course, but I think it's all worth it. I mean, what could be more pleasant than spending time with your favorite creatures on earth? And it's amazing how many things you can learn about dogs, their health, behaviors, nutrition, etc. And you always can find a lot of information on the internet, about anything, like how to cook marrow bones for dogs. It's great to have such knowledge. And it's even better to put this knowledge into practice.
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rougdab » Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 pm

I've been working as a dog trainer for almost 10 years now, and my love for dogs is only increasing! This is the most important thing you should consider before getting this kind of job! The problem is that so many trainers are willing to do it only for the money and don't even understand that this harms the poor puppies! So, make sure you have genuine respect for dogs! I always treat all the dogs nicely. I even get each of them squeaky or stuffed toys! Just remember that the way you train the dog will be meaningful throughout the entire dogs' life!
    greaseboi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by greaseboi » Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 pm

Rougdab wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 pm I've been working as a dog trainer for almost 10 years now, and my love for dogs is only increasing! This is the most important thing you should consider before getting this kind of job! The problem is that so many trainers are willing to do it only for the money and don't even understand that this harms the poor puppies! So, make sure you have genuine respect for dogs! I always treat all the dogs nicely. I even get each of them squeaky or stuffed toys! Just remember that the way you train the dog will be meaningful throughout the entire dogs' life!
    I can see that you're really passionate about your job! Keep up the good job! We need more people like you!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:59 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman