Lawn mower power
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Lawn mower power

by Blowmberg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts on petrol and electric lawnmowers?

My garden is not hate, about 50 feet long by about 20 feet side, but the hassle plus the dangers of wires all over the lawn irritate me. Is it worth biting a bullet and investing in gasoline?

• nadinefaith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Lawn mower power

by nadinefaith » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:26 am

For me the electric lawn mowers are more comfortable that petrol one. I think that petrol lawn mowers need more maintenance and attention. I have Bosch AHM 38, it is a reliable mower that offers a precise cut and good finish. This mower is cordless that allows to cut huge areas. I found the reviews on this model in this article. This is article about the best lawn mowers in my opinion, with reviews and direct link on amazon.
    kalvinbrown
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kalvinbrown » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:35 am

Good advice, nadine. I'll use it
    ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by ECarr1991 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a lawn mower because I employ the services of gardeners. They do their job quickly and efficiently, and it doesn't cost much. I don't have time to work in the garden, I work from morning to evening, and I want to enjoy myself during weekends. Gardeners mow the lawn, plant flowers and get rid of weeds. Two years ago, I mowed the lawn myself, but it took a lot of time and effort, so I decided to make use of services of a special firm, this one. It was definitely the right decision.
    serenity007
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by serenity007 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 am

ECarr1991 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am Unfortunately, I can't recommend a lawn mower because I employ the services of gardeners. They do their job quickly and efficiently, and it doesn't cost much. I don't have time to work in the garden, I work from morning to evening, and I want to enjoy myself during weekends. Gardeners mow the lawn, plant flowers and get rid of weeds. Two years ago, I mowed the lawn myself, but it took a lot of time and effort, so I decided to make use of services of a special firm, this one. It was definitely the right decision.
    Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!
    Rebelif
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rebelif » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Honestly, if it were up to me, I’d choose the electric lawn mower, the petrol one is more expensive on the upkeep costs and also consumes fuel, which in comparison to electrical power is more pricey. I also recommend to look up what models of lawnmower there are and which one is more appropriate for your garden. I struggled a lot with this, but after searching around for a while I found this page and it helped me immensely in making the correct choice for my garden.
    Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Angomod » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Rebelif wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:17 pm Honestly, if it were up to me, I’d choose the electric lawn mower, the petrol one is more expensive on the upkeep costs and also consumes fuel, which in comparison to electrical power is more pricey. I also recommend to look up what models of lawnmower there are and which one is more appropriate for your garden. I struggled a lot with this, but after searching around for a while I found this page and it helped me immensely in making the correct choice for my garden.
    Thanks, the article is very useful.
    stillc
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by stillc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 am

Rebelif wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:17 pm Honestly, if it were up to me, I’d choose the electric lawn mower, the petrol one is more expensive on the upkeep costs and also consumes fuel, which in comparison to electrical power is more pricey. I also recommend to look up what models of lawnmower there are and which one is more appropriate for your garden. I struggled a lot with this, but after searching around for a while I found this page and it helped me immensely in making the correct choice for my garden.
    Also wanted to thank you. It turned out to be a great resource. At first, I thought that I'd better get rid of the lawn at all than I find a proper lawnmower.
  • BLUSAIGON
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BLUSAIGON » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:49 am

Thank you for sharing the information. It's very helpful.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:56 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman