Plumber threatening to Lien against the house
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Plumber threatening to Lien against the house

by TwoforTwo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:36 pm

A plumber came to me to fix one of the pipes under the house.

He verbally quoted it for $ 1,000.

After work and everything else, he refused to give me the bill, and there's not even a written offer that I signed up for. He then asked for about $ 3,000. Now he's threatening to seize the house.

What is the advice in this situation?

• DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Plumber threatening to Lien against the house

by DianaGibson90oXM » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:51 pm

These damned scammers are completely impudent! You should immediately contact the police, and if you did sign the contract, then you will pay the amount that you negotiated
  • CholeBur
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CholeBur » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

A very strange scammer indeed! If you signed the contract, and there was a price of $ 1000, then you can contact the police without any problems at all and you will be right in any case! I think that you will also be compensated for moral damage, and the loss of your time, at least.
    In general, I would recommend doing it like my brother, he learned to be a plumber himself using the informative article with the information about how to become a plumber apprentice that my father advised him and he is now fixing all the problems in the house without any problems. I'm certainly happy about this, as I don't pay money to the plumber, hahahah
  • AlexWilliams
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AlexWilliams » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:44 pm

DianaGibson90oXM wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:51 pm These damned scammers are completely impudent! You should immediately contact the police, and if you did sign the contract, then you will pay the amount that you negotiated
    Yes, I did the same thing and didn't have to pay him all that money.
  • Marmont
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Marmont » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Oh what a freaking bastard! That is why I hate people nowadays! I only love dogs! They would never try to do this kind of stupid sh*t! Man, I just do not understand why do people like to scam each other that much! That is really terrible, tell me that I am not the only one that thinks like that? Dude, trust me, the next time, call for the services of the Unblocking Service in Mons, those guys are really great, and true proffesionals! They never do this kind of sh*t, and they are very very kind people.
    Ayanami
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ayanami » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Hey, don't hesitate and contact the police. If he doesn't want to give you a bill, you are not supposed to pay anything because nobody has evidence of the done work. Such maneuvers are forbidden by law. Through refusing to offer statements, Individual entrepreneurs or other giant companies fool the state and rob money from the consumers' pocket. That is why it is essential to ask for a bill every time you use a service and every time someone asks for money from you. Moreover, in my opinion, 1000$ is too much for this service. Even services like drain cleaning singapore are cheaper.
  • Rezzonto
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rezzonto » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:50 pm

It is even possible that this plumber works illegally and therefore did not issue you an official invoice. And he couldn't sign the contract with you. Next time, check the documents and work license. I prefer to apply for high-quality plumbing services only to trusted companies to protect my interests in such a case. And in any way, it is more profitable to cooperate with an official company to guarantee its services. Therefore, if you have not signed anything with this plumber, he has no right to demand anything from you. Especially the house. If he continues to threaten you, contact the police.
    Angomod
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Angomod » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Rezzonto wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:50 pm It is even possible that this plumber works illegally and therefore did not issue you an official invoice. And he couldn't sign the contract with you. Next time, check the documents and work license. I prefer to apply for high-quality plumbing services only to trusted companies to protect my interests in such a case. And in any way, it is more profitable to cooperate with an official company to guarantee its services. Therefore, if you have not signed anything with this plumber, he has no right to demand anything from you. Especially the house. If he continues to threaten you, contact the police.
    sounds really interesting
  • smrcute
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by smrcute » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:28 am

This is the first time I've seen this. Usually, I'm used to plumbers being your primary helpers. Because I do not understand plumbing repair or installation, I often had to call the master. It is very cool when there is an opportunity to use the services teamemergencyplumber.com because I am sure that I am not alone. Almost all of my peers and peers do not understand it. And many do not want to spend a lot of time studying all these mechanisms and settings. After all, it would be much more convenient and faster to call a wizard who understands this and who can quickly fix it all. So I never conflict with plumbers, and I hope that I will not have to in the future.
  • JordanAvery
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JordanAvery » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:00 am

DianaGibson90oXM wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:51 pm These damned scammers are completely impudent! You should immediately contact the police, and if you did sign the contract, then you will pay the amount that you negotiated
    This is what I did, but believe me, this takes a while