Rent or buy a home?
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Rent or buy a home?

by TwoforTwo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I am from Sweden and currently live in an apartment I bought many years ago. But I had thoughts of selling it in the future and getting the rent instead of being mortgage-free. A lot of people here think that it's a waste of money to just rent and that it's better to own your own home, regardless of how much money it actually costs to buy a house. Now I live in a one-bedroom apartment, and in the future I would like to live in a two-bedroom house. So if I want to buy a two-bedroom apartment, it will cost somewhere in the middle 250 000 - 450 000 USD depending on which area of Stockholm the apartment is located in.

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Rent or buy a home?

by charli55 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:39 pm

TwoforTwo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:21 pm I am from Sweden and currently live in an apartment I bought many years ago. But I had thoughts of selling it in the future and getting the rent instead of being mortgage-free. A lot of people here think that it's a waste of money to just rent and that it's better to own your own home, regardless of how much money it actually costs to buy a house. Now I live in a one-bedroom apartment, and in the future I would like to live in a two-bedroom house. So if I want to buy a two-bedroom apartment, it will cost somewhere in the middle 250 000 - 450 000 USD depending on which area of Stockholm the apartment is located in.
    definitely buy!
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

TwoforTwo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:21 pm I am from Sweden and currently live in an apartment I bought many years ago. But I had thoughts of selling it in the future and getting the rent instead of being mortgage-free. A lot of people here think that it's a waste of money to just rent and that it's better to own your own home, regardless of how much money it actually costs to buy a house. Now I live in a one-bedroom apartment, and in the future I would like to live in a two-bedroom house. So if I want to buy a two-bedroom apartment, it will cost somewhere in the middle 250 000 - 450 000 USD depending on which area of Stockholm the apartment is located in.
    We had the same trouble year ago. My family decided to get a mortgage, but because of our inexperience, we were afraid. However, thank God that my friend recommended me to contact Mortgage Advice Sheffield. This company held our hands through the full process. if you are interested, all the info is on their website and they offer free mortgage consultation. All the deal took 2 months, and it includes and choosing the house. Everything was so great and fast. We are so happy that we had the chance to work with such professional guys. Hope that my advice will help you.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm

MrOsborne wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm
    We had the same trouble year ago. My family decided to get a mortgage, but because of our inexperience, we were afraid. However, thank God that my friend recommended me to contact Mortgage Advice Sheffield. This company held our hands through the full process. if you are interested, all the info is on their website and they offer free mortgage consultation. All the deal took 2 months, and it includes and choosing the house. Everything was so great and fast. We are so happy that we had the chance to work with such professional guys. Hope that my advice will help you.
    Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM
  • JordanAvery
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JordanAvery » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Definitely buy. A mortgage is the same thing like a monthly rent
    ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by ECarr1991 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 am

I think you need to figure this out for yourself because it all depends on your income and whether you can pay a certain amount of money each month. When I moved to another city, I had a few options from which I could choose to rent an apartment or take a house on mortgage. I calculated my finances, negotiated with my boss, and applied to a company that offers loans for home mortgages because I chose the second option. I still don't regret it for a minute because I think I made the right choice.
    Last edited by ECarr1991 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • JoeSmith
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JoeSmith » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 pm

I am also looking for a home in Sweden. I can't find any home near to my office. Someone help please
    BigSamoz
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by BigSamoz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:30 pm

In most cases, buying a home is more convenient, but the problem is that I can't afford to buy it. Of course, anyone would love to buy his house or flat, so that he wouldn't need to pay for rent every month, but it isn't that simple.
    Here, in the USA, I spend 35% of my salary on rent.
    By the way, the amount was even higher, but a year ago, I came across a site where I read an article on how much I should spend on rent.
    Then I realized I should find cheaper rent.
    If you also rent your apartment, then I suggest reading the article I am talking about. You can find it by clicking on the link above.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman