Passport Renewals Taking Several Months
  • TomSands
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Passport Renewals Taking Several Months

by TomSands » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 pm

I applied for a passport renewal back in February, and was told at that time it would take approximately 4 weeks to process, which was fine because my Canadian fishing trip was scheduled for late June. Now, 3 months later, my renewed passport has not arrived, yet.

Upon calling the US Department of State, I was told that applications could take up to 7 MONTHS to process due to Covid-related delays. So, even if the Canada border is opened on June 21st, as currently scheduled, I probably won't be able to travel there without a valid passport.

I just wanted to forewarn those of you who may be in the same boat as me.

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Passport Renewals Taking Several Months

by charli55 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:24 pm

I have got mine in two weeks
    LeslieBShaw
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by LeslieBShaw » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:24 pm

If you pay additional money, you can get it faster
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 pm

All USA passports enable the bearer to request consular assistance from American embassies and from certain Commonwealth embassies in some cases. American citizens can use their passports as evidence of the right of abode in the United State of America. The main problem is that there are some things you have to know w before going and making a new passport. Firstly, and most important you should know the difference between the forms to get a passport. Fore example if you lost, damaged or someone stole your passport you need to complete not an ordinary form.
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:34 pm

DianaGibson90oXM wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 pm All USA passports enable the bearer to request consular assistance from American embassies and from certain Commonwealth embassies in some cases. American citizens can use their passports as evidence of the right of abode in the United State of America. The main problem is that there are some things you have to know w before going and making a new passport. Firstly, and most important you should know the difference between the forms to get a passport. Fore example if you lost, damaged or someone stole your passport you need to complete not an ordinary form.
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CholeBur » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:35 pm

DianaGibson90oXM wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:34 pm
    DianaGibson90oXM wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 pm All USA passports enable the bearer to request consular assistance from American embassies and from certain Commonwealth embassies in some cases. American citizens can use their passports as evidence of the right of abode in the United State of America. The main problem is that there are some things you have to know w before going and making a new passport. Firstly, and most important you should know the difference between the forms to get a passport. Fore example if you lost, damaged or someone stole your passport you need to complete not an ordinary form.
    Newant
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Newant » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 am

This is one of the reasons I have started looking into alternatives and easy ways to cross the borders with Canada myself. I know that since I have a passport that is valid it's easy. but actually with a nexus card you have much faster transitions between the USA and Canada and they also don't check you that thoroughly since you have gained their trust and it's the safest status you can have. I have to go to Toronto almost every week and it's a really convenient service to utilize in order to focus on your job entirely.