Funding for my business
    Emad785
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Funding for my business

by Emad785 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:43 am

What are the ways to get the funding for my new business?

• MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Funding for my business

by MrOsborne » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:28 am

You can take out a loan or find investors.
  • TomSands
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by TomSands » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 am

Yes, as one of the options, you can consider a loan or find investors, but I would not advise you to do this. I have a sad experience with the loan I took out for my business. Banks are very insidious, they charge a lot of interest, besides, if suddenly you do not have time to pay off the debt, you will start calling collectors. Believe me, it's not very pleasant. If you find investors, you can forget that you are the boss, everything will be decided for you. As one of the good options may be a factoring company that finances your accounts receivable. Dealing with such a company is much more pleasant.

-- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:22 pm

TomSands wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 am Yes, as one of the options, you can consider a loan or find investors, but I would not advise you to do this. I have a sad experience with the loan I took out for my business. Banks are very insidious, they charge a lot of interest, besides, if suddenly you do not have time to pay off the debt, you will start calling collectors. Believe me, it's not very pleasant. If you find investors, you can forget that you are the boss, everything will be decided for you. As one of the good options may be a factoring company that finances your accounts receivable. Dealing with such a company is much more pleasant.

This is the first time I've heard of factoring companies. I'll keep it in mind for the future, thank you.
    kalvinbrown
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kalvinbrown » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Finding investors seems to me quite an interesting option, try this.
    AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AmaDeY1993 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 am

You can set up your own business on absolutely any topic that interests you. It can be a clothing, footwear, electronics store or it can be real estate, investments, cryptocurrency, but in all of this you will need professional help from people who already know about any topic and who could help you manage your income and make the right conclusions about this or that issue. You have to learn how to manage your supply, normalize your prices and increase your customer flow.
  • engphys
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by engphys » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:00 am

Where do you live?
    I'd look into grants.
    I'm applying for multiple grants specifically designed for startups or for new R&D projects. One is for 50k designed to help partially pay for R&D salary and another is 10k to be used for a local company to help your startup. Most big cities have a startup organization that will help you find grants and low intertest loans designed to help people like us.
    ECarr1991
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by ECarr1991 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 am

AmaDeY1993 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 am You can set up your own business on absolutely any topic that interests you. It can be a clothing, footwear, electronics store or it can be real estate, investments, cryptocurrency, but in all of this you will need professional help from people who already know about any topic and who could help you manage your income and make the right conclusions about this or that issue. You have to learn how to manage your supply, normalize your prices and increase your customer flow.
    Do these guys provide discounts?
  • Morgan Lee
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Morgan Lee » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:58 pm

I applied for many grants, but of course, you have to have more perfect ideas to attract investors.
    Marigioshi
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Marigioshi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:36 am

This is the collection of money for a project from a large number of small investors interested in your product. In other words - from the world by a thread. There are professional platforms where you can place a project description and where there is already an audience of people willing to finance a startup: Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Fig. Crowdfunding is not very popular as a method of financing business projects yet. For the most part, social and charitable initiatives show good collections. On global platforms, there is a larger audience, and startups are more serious.