Salvaged Studio - upcycled art jewelry
  • SalvagedStudio
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Salvaged Studio - upcycled art jewelry

by SalvagedStudio » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rachael and I'm a studio artist from Milwaukee, WI. My medium is metalsmithing and I individually handcraft art jewelry from vintage and discarded metal objects and 100% recycled sterling silver. My main upcycled metal of choice is vintage tea, candy or tobacco tins.

I'm about to launch my art jewelry line nationally at American Craft Retailers Expo (ACRE) Northeast in New Jersey next month. It was really exciting to be accepted to this show which was juried by arts professionals from around the country. Of course, doing a trade show is a big investment and can be cost-prohibitive for independent artists like myself.

So, I launched my Kickstarter campaign to find people who are passionate about supporting American artists, handmade and eco-friendly/upcycled products!

Here's the link to my project: http://bit.ly/salvagedstudiokickstarter

I would love any and all feedback and I'm happy to share for share and help us all get the word out about the great creative projects we're launching.

I'm in the last 7 days so my only goal is this: Keep spreading the word and finding supporter until the last minute!

Best,
    Rachael B. Winkley
    Salvaged Studio - modern jewelry handcrafted from vintage objects

http://bit.ly/salvagedstudiokickstarter
    www.salvagedstudio.com
    Xanxan
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Salvaged Studio - upcycled art jewelry

by Xanxan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 am

Rachael darling you have made some great and inspiring work over there. Thank you for sharing your inspirations with us. I like the great mindset you have, and I will definitely have a look in your creations. If you are able to pull off what this beautiful company has done with my custom name necklace then will be even more impressed and stunned. I'm planning to celebrate my 10th anniversary with my hubby and guess what I'm getting him.
    Apparat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Apparat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Xanxan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 am Rachael darling you have made some great and inspiring work over there. Thank you for sharing your inspirations with us. I like the great mindset you have, and I will definitely have a look in your creations. If you are able to pull off what this beautiful company has done with my custom name necklace then will be even more impressed and stunned. I'm planning to celebrate my 10th anniversary with my hubby and guess what I'm getting him.
    It's a great choice for an anniversary gift and not that expensive too! You are triggering me now haha!
  • buratinos
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by buratinos » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am

so beautiful! amazing
  • Bedivir
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bedivir » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:54 am

WOW super fine
  • bismarc123
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by bismarc123 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:56 am

Lovely project, everyone should give this poor planet a thought! I've seen many people making jewelry out of plastic which I think it's a fantastic idea :) You should promote your campaign more on social media, I'm sure there you'll have success. I'll buy a piece of jewelry from you, it looks amazing. Great, great job, dear. I'm an eco-activist myself, a fan of Greta Thunberg and I support everyone who wants to make our planet a better and more eco-friendly place. I wish more people were like you!!!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Grutt
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grutt » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm fascinated by your project. It's fantastic that you are giving new life to things using them to make jewelry. I see that many people have supported your project; I wish I had seen it sooner and could have donated to help you. I'm conscious of buying things and using them as many people now. And for me, it's better to buy one good piece of jewelry made in the Holy Land than to have a lot of cheap costume jewelry. By the way, your idea of making jewelry from melted-down items is excellent for aspiring jewelers who need to practice making jewelry as well.