3D printed human chromosome jewellery
  • drlouisechughes
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

3D printed human chromosome jewellery

by drlouisechughes » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Just launched and am excited about this project. I have had one successful project before and I hope this one will go the same way. 14% funded as of a few minutes ago so hopefully it will work. :)

The project is launching a jewellery collection created from microscope images of human chromosomes. Pendants, earring, cufflinks and rings are 3D printed in bronze and silver to create some unique items. My co-scientists love them. :)

Please take a look and if you have any feedback let me know!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection

Funded!!! Electron microscopy artwork http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... endar-2014

Funded!!! Human chromosome jewellery. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 3D printed human chromosome jewellery

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 am

Awesome! Loved your last campaign and thanks for returning to the forum. Think you've set a very realistic goal and have some good images. I'll forward this along to a few medschool friends :)
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • drlouisechughes
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by drlouisechughes » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks sbriggman. :)

I didn't intend to be so absent from the forum. I have checked in a few times but didn't have much to contribute and I had a bit of social media fatigue after the last campaign. I will try to contribute more now and in the future.
    Funded!!! Electron microscopy artwork http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... endar-2014

Funded!!! Human chromosome jewellery. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:35 pm

Don't worry about it. It's a lot of work running a campaign :). One of my friends loved your project. Not sure if she will pledge, but we'll see. With regards to feedback, another user created this promo: Will provide feedback in exchange for feedback: will-give-kickstarter-feedback-in-exchange-for-feedback-t1621.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • sandyzenon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sandyzenon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:48 am

It looks somewhat differ than the previous models. Cufflinks are designed only for use with shirts which have buttonholes on both sides but no buttons. Cufflinks are available us in plenty of models with amazing designs.

sterling silver cufflinks
    Attachments
    9ct-yellow-gold-cufflinks-personalised-05.jpg
    9ct-yellow-gold-cufflinks-personalised-05.jpg (18.41 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
  • MitchMCQ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MitchMCQ » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Louise!
    I love this campaign, and I'm glad to see it was successfully funded! You're doing some really inspirational work bringing the world of 3D printing to science!
    I'm a life-long artist and also really interested in biology, and I just recently started designing models for 3D print on shapeways, and I'd really love to start a campaign of my own, so I'll be looking at campaigns like yours for inspiration.
    I'm just wondering, what's the name of your shapeways shop? I'd really love to check it out.
    I just followed you on twitter, so I'm looking forward to the work you'll be doing in the future! : D
    AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AmaDeY1993 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Wow! It looks wonderful!
  • gerasimus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gerasimus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Nice!I have a large number of different accessories and jewelry in order for me to have the opportunity to express myself and create myself as a person. As people say, you will always be judged by how you look. It is always important to be at your best, otherwise you will see contempt on the faces of others.Society is not to blame for this. It's just a human factor. Habit. Therefore, jewelry is designed to make us feel more confident. I usually wait for Wholesale Jewelry and then buy myself a few sets of jewelry
  • Greencore Studios
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Greencore Studios » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Nice Project! I hope it will be a success after Kickstarter.
    drlouisechughes wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 pm Just launched and am excited about this project. I have had one successful project before and I hope this one will go the same way. 14% funded as of a few minutes ago so hopefully it will work. :)

The project is launching a jewellery collection created from microscope images of human chromosomes. Pendants, earring, cufflinks and rings are 3D printed in bronze and silver to create some unique items. My co-scientists love them. :)

Please take a look and if you have any feedback let me know!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection
  • Hapen1970
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Hapen1970 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:24 am

I would like to recommend the best gemological lab GSI. I have been working with GSI https://gemscience.net/ gem lab for three years now. They offer a wide variety of unmatched and accurate grading services and products with no compromise in quality. For them working with ethics is a priority. They enhanced the grading process by using innovative tools and software. They offer several grading reports available in pdf and all reports are backed by a commitment to the highest ethical standards.