Funded Life - Crowdfund Your Way To Home Ownership
  • Benjii699
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Funded Life - Crowdfund Your Way To Home Ownership

by Benjii699 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/grSNeGakmsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

What Is Funded Life?

Funded Life is a community crowdfunding & accommodation platform for raising money towards becoming a home-owner. Think crowdfunding + Airbnb.

Our goal is to help people struggling to buy their own home and fight homelessness across the world. By creating a campaign you will be able to raise the money to buy a house or use as a down payment for a home loan.

You can offer your backers a certain amount of accommodation, based on how much they pledge, as a reward once you have purchased your house.

People will be able to back projects in area's they would like to visit across the world or donate their reward to the homeless, giving someone in need a hot shower and a warm bed.

The Story Behind Funded Life

After struggling to save the money to buy my own house, and being turned down by home loan lenders, I finally grew tired of lenders rejecting my family.

I spent months searching for alternative methods of becoming a home owner with no luck.

I nearly gave up, until reading an article about a teenager successfully raising $48,000 towards a home loan. This idea stuck with me for some time.

After a few more months of brainstorming, I came up with Funded Life and how it would operate, and benefit society and the world over.

What Do I Need?

In order to setup and run Funded Life properly, I need to hire programmers to write the software necessary for the website.

A marketing strategy will be key in this project, and as such I will need to hire marketing strategists to consult and guide the marketing campaign.

Risks and challenges

The only foreseeable problem is the programming of the software needed. As this is a specific niche, this software will be one of a kind and will need to go through rigorous testing to make sure it will run smoothly

In order to alleviate this challenge, i will instigate a beta test with and use feedback to remove any bugs and make improvements.

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Funded Life - Crowdfund Your Way To Home Ownership

by therriaultk » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Hey Benjii699,

Congrats on launching your campaign! FundedLife sounds like a cool concept, especially with young people having a harder time to save up for a good home these days. Having it operate like a rewards crowdfunding platform also saves users from taking on extra debt to buy a house.

I just have a few questions and suggestions. I love that you're tying in travel and trying to end homelessness - I think that both of those are great goals. Is there going to be an option for users to not let the homeless stay with them if that makes them uncomfortable? Will they get any details about the people who pledged and will be staying at their house?

I like the concept but it seems like some important information is missing, it would be nice to see a more authentic video and more visuals and detail in your Kickstarter pitch.

It would be really cool to see how this type of platform would run, so I hope your project reaches its goal. Feel free to keep up updated with how things are going!
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • Benjii699
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Benjii699 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:59 pm

Hey Therriaultk,

Thank you for your feedback, this is a project i am very passionate about.

On the topic of letting homeless people stay with you, it will be an optional extra that the creator of a campaign can add or leave out. It will be completely up to the campaigner creator to add the option of donating a backers rewards.

I would also introduce a private messaging system for backers and creators to discuss important information.

Unfortunately, I cannot spare any funds towards a professional video or more detailed visuals.

Thank you again for your feedback
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 am

Sounds great, but to be harsh - can't you learn to code/design and create a temporary version of the site yourself? Also you wrote you need money for a marketer, again couldn't you do this yourself?

Startups have to typically cut corners to get their stuff online (speaking from experience), once it's up - then you have a platform to develop it and go on. Best of luck and I support the concept, but not sure you're going about it the right way.

Benjii699 wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/grSNeGakmsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

What Is Funded Life?

Funded Life is a community crowdfunding & accommodation platform for raising money towards becoming a home-owner. Think crowdfunding + Airbnb.

Our goal is to help people struggling to buy their own home and fight homelessness across the world. By creating a campaign you will be able to raise the money to buy a house or use as a down payment for a home loan.

You can offer your backers a certain amount of accommodation, based on how much they pledge, as a reward once you have purchased your house.

People will be able to back projects in area's they would like to visit across the world or donate their reward to the homeless, giving someone in need a hot shower and a warm bed.

The Story Behind Funded Life

After struggling to save the money to buy my own house, and being turned down by home loan lenders, I finally grew tired of lenders rejecting my family.

I spent months searching for alternative methods of becoming a home owner with no luck.

I nearly gave up, until reading an article about a teenager successfully raising $48,000 towards a home loan. This idea stuck with me for some time.

After a few more months of brainstorming, I came up with Funded Life and how it would operate, and benefit society and the world over.

What Do I Need?

In order to setup and run Funded Life properly, I need to hire programmers to write the software necessary for the website.

A marketing strategy will be key in this project, and as such I will need to hire marketing strategists to consult and guide the marketing campaign.

Risks and challenges

The only foreseeable problem is the programming of the software needed. As this is a specific niche, this software will be one of a kind and will need to go through rigorous testing to make sure it will run smoothly

In order to alleviate this challenge, i will instigate a beta test with and use feedback to remove any bugs and make improvements.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Benjii699
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Benjii699 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:00 am

You're absolutely right, thank you. I have been taking the idea of learning to code myself which I think would be the best option
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:40 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:55 pm

I know it's an old thread I just find this idea interesting and was hoping to get some updates about how it is going now? I guess during the pandemic the number of homeless people raised drastically and lots of others are struggling to find the money for a down payment for a mortgage loan. I've been one of them myself, that's why I'm so curious. I moved to Derby a year ago and I wanted to buy an apartment, but I didn't know much about the local rules and laws and didn't have enough money for a down payment. Luckily, I found Mortgage Advice Derby, which helped me out so now I want to pay back to someone who struggles too.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:31 am

I just recently started to pay off the loan and it's really very difficult
    $ 500 per month for 6 years
    awful
    AbigailMcLeans
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AbigailMcLeans » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am

The worst feeling is when you found a great job and you are ready to work and make money, but you do not have a car and otherwise you will not get this job. It is at these moments that you decide to put everything on the line and take out a loan. Only me and some people do it consciously, working with companies like Mortgage Advice Essex and some work with scams and face big problems. So think about it before making a decision ... This is really very important and it can affect your future.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:28 am

AbigailMcLeans wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am The worst feeling is when you found a great job and you are ready to work and make money, but you do not have a car and otherwise you will not get this job. It is at these moments that you decide to put everything on the line and take out a loan. Only me and some people do it consciously, working with companies like Mortgage Advice Essex and some work with scams and face big problems. So think about it before making a decision ... This is really very important and it can affect your future.
    Where can I find some more feedback?