Project declined! Help needed for appealing please
  • Nathan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Project declined! Help needed for appealing please

by Nathan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi, I just submitted my project and it got declined. Kickstarter said it falls outside of their scope, which was a bit vague to me. I believe they think it doesn't fall into one of their 15 categories or that my product is not a tangible/finite result. I'm creating an online video course for athletes so I think it falls under the Software category.

Could another reason for declining be because I only include a part of my product in the rewards instead of the entire product? It's a 12module course.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... n=e0eea3f5

This is my preview so would love to hear some feedback on why it's not being approved.

Kickstarter is still pretty new to me so have to learn a lot. I am super eager to make this happen because this means a lot to me so I want to create the necessary changes and come up with a great appeal.

I really appreciate the feedback!

Thank you,
    Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Project declined! Help needed for appealing please

by hyperstarter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 pm

The link didn't work BTW - it should have token in the url.

I'm pretty sure online courses aren't accepted, how about Indiegogo?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Nathan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nathan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am

@hyperstarter, thank you! I am looking into Indiegogo right now.

I changed the link so it should work now. I contacted Kickstarter but they referred me to their rules which didn't help a lot so I will try to appeal it but still not sure what I could change about it? If it doesn't work, I will go for Indiegogo.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... n=e0eea3f5
  • SwankyPixels
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SwankyPixels » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Any further forward finding the reason why not?
  • DianaGibson90oXM
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by DianaGibson90oXM » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Are you sure you need Kickstarter for your project? I'm not sure I understood everything but if it's online video course, why do you need a budget? I mean you can make video content by recording yourself on the phone and use free software for editing (for example, Movie Maker). Also, you can make a website to promote your business on a constructor like WordPress or Wix.com with cheap hosting and use social media for advertisement. That's what I did when I opened my online-store 8 years ago and I'm pretty sure the same scheme works for online courses. My business has grown since then and I own now 3 stores so I needed to create a new CRM system. I found a great company https://develux.com/dedicated-team that provides this service and that was the a expensive but now I can affort it. My point is you can find another ways to start your business.
  • ondraayyy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ondraayyy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:45 am

What was the rules that they were referring to?
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:37 pm

What I get from your page is that you're looking for funds in order to produce something very high quality, for which you don't have the equipment or editing skills.
    I don't understand why Kickstarter wouldn't accept this, but I agree with the comments above. With your personal budget, you can create an amount of content and learn online on how to launch a course on teachable, or on your own website. You can create the first content and sell it as you've intended in rewards on your campaign page, and get started.

Marketing-wise, you must do your own research but my guess is that there's a lot of competition out there, who are giving part of their valuable content for free on platforms like Youtube and have created a community.
    So before you launch, you need to find your audience, your community. The people who are interested in what you're offering and give value, not only sell them something.
    Again, with your budget, and in the meantime you're creating the "sell-able" content, you can create content to offer to the community you should be creating.

Please let me know on what grounds is Kickstarter declining your project.
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • mammasteed
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mammasteed » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:29 am

You are incorrect; software is NOT the right category. The correct category would be Film and Video.

I do not know if this might be the reason for the decline, but it is certainly a possible reason.