New House Build
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

New House Build

by Blowmberg » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 am

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop by and give you the latest news about the new house I'm working on for my mother.

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: New House Build

by charli55 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:39 pm

Absolutely cool! I'm happy for you, and for your mother! Do you have any experience or some tips for beginners who want to build their own house?
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Blowmberg » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Looks amazing! Keep going, you're in the right direction! Being without experience in consecrating a house, I was afraid to damage the foundation or walls. Because of my wife, I started to looking for not-expensive services, which could build a good house near the mountains or in just a beautiful place. Someone gave me a suggestion, to check this site https://houseseek.com.au/. On their site, I with wife have found a lot of tips and houses' planes. We chose the house's design and place, where we want to live. My God, I haven’t seen such a great house for a long time, trust me. If you have any questions like I had not a long time ago, take a chance to write them. ;)
  • stagbucarpruspe
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by stagbucarpruspe » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:42 pm

Blowmberg wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 pm Looks amazing! Keep going, you're in the right direction! Being without experience in consecrating a house, I was afraid to damage the foundation or walls. Because of my wife, I started to looking for not-expensive services, which could build a good house near the mountains or in just a beautiful place. Someone gave me a suggestion, to check this site https://houseseek.com.au/. On their site, I with wife have found a lot of tips and houses' planes. We chose the house's design and place, where we want to live. My God, I haven’t seen such a great house for a long time, trust me. If you have any questions like I had not a long time ago, take a chance to write them. ;)
    Is this site as good as you described it?
    xLaurenHx
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by xLaurenHx » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm

charli55 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:39 pm Absolutely cool! I'm happy for you, and for your mother! Do you have any experience or some tips for beginners who want to build their own house?
    Unfortunately, this is a very difficult task, but there's always a way out of the situation. Two years ago, I was buying a house in Goa, India, and I had to contact a government company that helped me deal with Apna Khata. In Europe, there're no problems with this, since all documents are usually in English (except for Germany and Austria). I advise you to always contact companies that help you collect all the necessary documents and arrange everything themselves, as you can save a lot of free time. Good luck to you.
  • JordanAvery
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JordanAvery » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Oh wow. When you're planning on finishing it?
  • AlexWilliams
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AlexWilliams » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Great project. I started building my house almost a year ago, and it all started with a similar project. Now it's almost finished, but there are a lot of other tasks that need to be done for the final reveal. At this point, I'm working with some guys that do ceramic painting Jacksonville FL to spice up the exterior and to make it look more modern and elegant. Also, the interior it's still not fully finished and furnished but I'm having a great time decorating it. Well, good luck and we'd like to see the finished result someday.
  • RileyParker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RileyParker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:44 pm

AlexWilliams wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 pm Great project. I started building my house almost a year ago, and it all started with a similar project. Now it's almost finished, but there are a lot of other tasks that need to be done for the final reveal. At this point, I'm working with some guys that do ceramic painting Jacksonville FL to spice up the exterior and to make it look more modern and elegant. Also, the interior it's still not fully finished and furnished but I'm having a great time decorating it. Well, good luck and we'd like to see the finished result someday.
    Let us know when it's done. It would be great to see the finished result.
  • jogncartman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jogncartman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:28 pm

How is it going? It is interesting to know what you did! It's really cool that you decided to create something like this for your family. I think this is very noble! To be honest, I really envy you, I don't even have enough time to properly repair my house. I have a huge amount of repair work ahead, but I don't have time to do them all. I am constantly busy at work and I simply do not have time even for rest. Quarantine only made things worse ... The last thing I changed was the handrail I purchased from maxima-aluminum.com. I hope that soon I will have at least a little free time so that I can continue my repairs.
  • Joseph1986
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Joseph1986 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:24 pm

Man, you are doing a really great job, I think your mother is so lucky to have such a good son building her a new house. Keep doing what you are doing and I am sure that the good that you are doing to your parents will return you in x2. By the way, the design of your room looks like a PCB design from the distance, you can check the gerber online app that I am using and you will understand what I mean. If you need any help with your project I can ask my friend to help you with some design ideas for free if you want. He is a really good architect in our region.