FlashLight: More than just a tool!
  • kurisetaru_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

FlashLight: More than just a tool!

by kurisetaru_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am

With mobile phones already fitted with flashlight, this tool is slowly being forgotten. Often they are tucked away in a drawer and when you need it, we find that the batteries are no longer working. Flashlight is Allocacoc’s latest project which inspires imagination on how you can use this forgotten tool with a variety of accessories. From a table lamp to a hanging lamp to a bike light, you’ll never see (or use) flashlight the same again. While this flashlight may not be the lightest, the smallest, or the one with the longest lasting battery, as so frequently seen in other crowd-funding projects; Allocacoc’s flashlight goes beyond this to offer you a new user experience.

Feel free to share our Flashlight Indiegogo project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flashlight-design#/

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: FlashLight: More than just a tool!

by hyperstarter » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Very cool, but have a couple of questions.

How heavy is it (compared to something), if it's dropped will it be damaged, how long do the batteries last (compared to other lights) etc.,

You need to show off why a portable light is better than a phone or something you can buy in the shops. If you can do this, then you're more likely to get backers...
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • kurisetaru_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kurisetaru_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 am

Hi there!

Great question. If you scroll to our project link, you'll see the answer to your questions on the specification pictures and the FAQ.

The weight of the FlashLight is 109 grams, and the battery life lasts up to 75 hours on lowest beam mode and up to 2 hours if it's constantly on the highest beam mode.

Regarding the suggestions about comparing the FlashLight to other products, I appreciate it very much and we'll take that to improve the product description.
  • Weston
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Weston » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:19 am

I am constantly trying to find lighter and more versatile equipment to add to my camping pack. I love this idea. It is a relatively small twist on an existing product which in my mind is the perfect kind of product for crowdfunding. Hope you make your goal!
    Cherry Bomb | https://igg.me/at/cherrybomb/x/18909640
    Longboarding company focused on showing off local art and bringing together a community of longboarders.
  • kurisetaru_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kurisetaru_ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 am

Hey Weston! Thanks for your support. Yes, it's a perfect tool for camping!
  • Medo0
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Medo0 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 am

interesting idea
  • dentveran
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dentveran » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:42 pm

shared
    Hariver
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Hariver » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:50 pm

I'm obsessed with flashlights, I have a large collection, some of them I've got from my grandpa and they're still working. It's a treat for me to lay them on the bed and clean from time to time. :D I'm not the type who uses the smartphone flashlight, I always have a little one attached to my keys. Not too long ago I bought one more and I'm very satisfied, it's water resistant, it was a surprise to me. I obtained it from here https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight- ... B089T8HDBV
    KylieShorta
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KylieShorta » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm

For adventurers like me, this is a perfect tool. I had an old flashlight that needs to be recharged after 2 hours of using it. It's already trash and some more equipment also. I have to do an update to my tools and utensils before going to South America. I want to go through every single state and city, villages on my bike. I started a campaign on social media collecting money for this, getting inspired by brightcamping.com I got a lot of campaign tips, I have just to buy equipment and recorder my adventure on a small camera. I'm gonna change the history of my life, guys!
    BerryHorn
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by BerryHorn » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:23 pm

KylieShorta wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm For adventurers like me, this is a perfect tool. I had an old flashlight that needs to be recharged after 2 hours of using it. It's already trash and some more equipment also. I have to do an update to my tools and utensils before going to South America. I want to go through every single state and city, villages on my bike. I started a campaign on social media collecting money for this, getting inspired by brightcamping.com I got a lot of campaign tips, I have just to buy equipment and recorder my adventure on a small camera. I'm gonna change the history of my life, guys!
    Have a nice trip, man!