Fast Type - The World's Smartest and Easiest Keyboard
  • NYON
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Fast Type - The World's Smartest and Easiest Keyboard

by NYON » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:19 am

The QWERTY keyboard layout was invented 140 years ago to prevent traditional type writers from tangling up. That same layout is now in smartphones. All those buttons cramped into a smaller space make it annoying to tap on the letter you want.

After creating 100's of designs the eureka moment arrived. What if we grouped all the consonants together? What if we made a smart keyboard that works with only 6 buttons?

A lot of people told us it wouldn't work.

We are a startup from Mexico and we just debuted our latest project Fast Type. Fast Type simplifies the keyboard to only 6 buttons and uses AI to suggest the word you want. Our goal is to revolutionize the way people type on mobile devices. We currently have it live on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... t-keyboard

If you get a chance check it out, thanks!

• alexcool2020
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Fast Type - The World's Smartest and Easiest Keyboard

by alexcool2020 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks for such good information. I live in one room with my girlfriend and I work only at night and I had a noisy keyboard which didn't let my girlfriend sleep. I saved an amount of money and after some months I bought the best silent keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB and my girlfriend is very happy that now she can sleep normally all night. She has the disposition and I have sex in the mornings. I would change it earlier if I knew about it.
    Asirg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Fast Type - The World's Smartest and Easiest Keyboard

by Asirg » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:51 pm

Is it really that good? I don't think that AI can predict all the words which you want to type, when there are only 6 letters on the keyboard. Maybe it's good in a conversation, but not for me as I am a professional programmer, there are a lot of code words which I am sure that this keyboard can't predict. Maybe in the future there will be some revolutionary keyboard, but at the moment the best programming keyboards are shown on this website https://teleshoppr.com/best-programming-keyboards/, the best for my job right now.