Dick's Sporting Goods is considering removing all hunting supplies from stores
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Dick's Sporting Goods is considering removing all hunting supplies from stores

by Blowmberg » Tue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm

A few months after Dick's Sporting Goods made a move to stop selling assault rifles, the company is now considering removing all hunting gear, our sister station WLOS reports.

• jogncartman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is considering removing all hunting supplies from stores

by jogncartman » Tue May 26, 2020 8:34 pm

^^^In for a penny in for a pound.

Dick's sales are down 4% since they alienated gun owners by becoming anti 2nd Amendment. No matter what they do they will never get those consumers back in their store so to recoup that 4% they need to find a new market.

I know 4% doesn't sound like much but it's huge in the world of business.
    kalvinbrown
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is considering removing all hunting supplies from stores

by kalvinbrown » Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 pm

This news is very sad and strange, because hunting gear has been always considered as sports gear. Because hunting is a sport. Anyway I didn’t use normal markets to buy hunting equipment. Not so long ago I found a good website where they review very good hunting gear called Under Reviews. So there is no need in such shops for me because they add links too on good items.
  • jogncartman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jogncartman » Tue May 26, 2020 8:56 pm

kalvinbrown wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 pm This news is very sad and strange, because hunting gear has been always considered as sports gear. Because hunting is a sport. Anyway I didn’t use normal markets to buy hunting equipment. Not so long ago I found a good website where they review very good hunting gear called Under Reviews. So there is no need in such shops for me because they add links too on good items.
    You are right, ordering online is always better.
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Blowmberg wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm A few months after Dick's Sporting Goods made a move to stop selling assault rifles, the company is now considering removing all hunting gear, our sister station WLOS reports.
    it's a pity as I decided to buy from there some bullets (5 56 or 223, that's the question)
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 pm

This is bad news for both customers and the company. I agree that they will lose a large number of their customers by this decision. What can you do, buyers will find a way out, you can always order online, which is not the case with sellers. In addition, on sites like https://bulkmunitions.com/how-to-clean- ... ete-guide/ you can find many other options besides buying weapons. There is a lot of useful information, especially I liked about the maintenance of the gun and this information is absolutely free. Welcome to the Internet age.
    Rebelif
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rebelif » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:37 pm

I have a CZ-USA 457 Royal rifle, I'm using it sometimes to catch rabbits and ducks. A while ago I used to hunt a lot, however, one of my friends invited me to fish, and it went like that. I fell in love with fishing, and right now I'd rather go fishing than hunting, maybe cause it takes a lot to find that rabbit. Fishing is a lot easier, you go, you throw the fishing rod, and you just sit and wait with pleasure, and when it turns that you caught a 6-8 pounds Burbot, uh. If you want to find more about fishing, TheNatureInsider has an article about all the things that you are supposed to know before going to fish.