Campaign right after Christmas!??
    Dominic.Strobel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Campaign right after Christmas!??

by Dominic.Strobel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:06 pm

HELP :?:

We are planning a KICKSTARTER campaign for a innovative Balance Board made of plant fibre. It is all set -> the prototypes, video, e-mail lists, FB ads .... etc.

Here comes the challenge:
    We meet all our existing distributors in the beginning of Februar at ISPO (www.ispo.com). There we have a big booth like every year presenting our products. Of course, we also would like to present the new board there.

That is why we are thinking about launching the campaign before.

Everybody says December is a horrible timing for Kickstarter and we should wait for the new Year.
    On the other side we would like to end the campaign before the big show. Also I have around 15 people working on the project right now. Everything is already ready -> we could easily produce 1000 boards in a week; Logistics is already experienced with our current products.

So - Why not start at the 27th of December this year??

What do you recommend?
    Any suggestions??

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! :D

Dom

adamrhodesuk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Campaign right after Christmas!??

by adamrhodesuk » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi Dom,

I'm a spanking new member here but experienced marketer. Part of my job is analysing when a campaign should go live whether we're talking time of day, day of the week or even month in the year.

The main concern in most industries between Christmas and new year is that everybody is preoccupied with family, festivities and so on. But on the flip, people are off work and on their shiny new devices, be it mobile phones, tablets or laptops. Many are also looking for new toys to spend their Christmas money on.

You really need to weigh the pros against the cons with this decision and balance your result from this against the strength of your marketing campaign. Are you utilising the time of year in your campaign also? This is a sure fire way to grab your audience's attention.

Whilst typing this up I was doing some digging around for stats and insights on Kickstarter website hits, conversions and more. It looks as though somebody beat me to it and has put together an incredibly insightful article.

In short: December is the worst month to launch your campaign by an absolute long shop, but January picks up nicely. Launching towards the back end of December may not be the worst idea, but I'd definitely leave it until new year if possible.

Hopefully my rambling hasn't bored you too much and the link above gives you what you need.

Cheers!
    Adam
    Dominic.Strobel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dominic.Strobel » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 am

adamrhodesuk wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:08 pm Hi Dom,

I'm a spanking new member here but experienced marketer. Part of my job is analysing when a campaign should go live whether we're talking time of day, day of the week or even month in the year.

The main concern in most industries between Christmas and new year is that everybody is preoccupied with family, festivities and so on. But on the flip, people are off work and on their shiny new devices, be it mobile phones, tablets or laptops. Many are also looking for new toys to spend their Christmas money on.

You really need to weigh the pros against the cons with this decision and balance your result from this against the strength of your marketing campaign. Are you utilising the time of year in your campaign also? This is a sure fire way to grab your audience's attention.

Whilst typing this up I was doing some digging around for stats and insights on Kickstarter website hits, conversions and more. It looks as though somebody beat me to it and has put together an incredibly insightful article.

In short: December is the worst month to launch your campaign by an absolute long shop, but January picks up nicely. Launching towards the back end of December may not be the worst idea, but I'd definitely leave it until new year if possible.

Hopefully my rambling hasn't bored you too much and the link above gives you what you need.

Cheers!
    Adam

Thanks so much ADAM.

Campaign will go online at 1pm CES today... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... ce-board-s
  • OhShnaps
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OhShnaps » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 am

adamrhodesuk wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:08 pm The main concern in most industries between Christmas and new year is that everybody is preoccupied with family, festivities and so on.
    I agree, but that brings up a question then. Is there a preferred time of the new year for launches, or does it depend on the product. My campaign is only a few days old, but it is struggling to pick up speed. There is only so much pushing I can do in a day so I am worried that this may not have been the right time for a launch after all.

Here is my link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... escription
    SystHub
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SystHub » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:56 am

It doesn't really matter whan you will start your campaign.

what is VERY important to know is that:

Crowdfunding platforms bring you about 10% (25% if you are lucky) of backers — all the rest is up to you.

AND
    Never start a crowdfunding without having a good audience and don’t waste money with those who promise to get results in 10 days - this never ever works.
    Crowdfunding has to be planned at least 6 month before (even 1 year if you have not a strong audience and followers)
    S Y S T H U B
    we help crowdfundings for free
    CHECK IT HERE: hsy.st/5KGKafD