Canceling and relaunching a FUNDED Campaign?
  • KayWillyArt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Canceling and relaunching a FUNDED Campaign?

by KayWillyArt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello all,

I'm in sort of a weird situation. I started my first Kickstarter campaign a week ago. I had no idea how fast funding would come in and was nervous I wouldn't be able to hit my target, so I set the deadline for the maximum time - 60 days.

Now 6 days later my campaign is fully funded and I'm so excited to get started on producing my product! I even added a Christmas-themed stretch goal.

Problem is I still have 50+ days left in the campaign.

I'm thinking about re-launching the campaign with a 10 day deadline and asking all of my pledges (about 25) to switch over to the new one. That way they won't have to wait 2-3 months for their rewards, and I won't have to wait 2-3 months to get to work.

Is that a terrible idea? Would I lose all my backers that way? Do I just stick it out?

Thanks!

nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Canceling and relaunching a FUNDED Campaign?

by nomlinz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Hey!

This is an incredibly good problem to have if I can say so myself!

For one, yes, you can just cancel everything and refund your backers.

However, since you're already funded and that "pressure" is already off your shoulders, you can also turn the next 50+ days to do more with and for your customers.

For example, since you already have 22 people backers, what about asking them if they want any stretch goals? They might even give you ideas for some new pins you can make AND also increase their pledge in order to pay for it too! All you have to do is ask.

You can also take this opportunity to start expanding your future customer base. I'm sure there are a lot of other people out there who want to learn from you and how you got funded with your pins so quickly. Take this time and the energy you were going to use to drive people to fund your project and put it into networking with others who are also pin creators and/or might love the types of pins you're creating. By doing that, you'll already have the "social proof" that you're legit and can find more supporters along the way!

Lastly, with all this time and already knowing that funds will be coming your way after the project, you can even get a head start working on your pins. That way, once the campaign does end, people can immediately confirm their address and you can ship them out right away! Even better yet, you can showcase backers the entire process during the campaign. That level of transparency will elevate most people into becoming your superfans :)

Hope this helps!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
    SystHub
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Canceling and relaunching a FUNDED Campaign?

by SystHub » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 pm

you can do it, everybody had a a first fail campaign.

it's important what you have learned from your mistakes like:

Never start a crowdfunding without having a good audience and don’t waste money with those who promise to get results in 10 days - this never ever works.
    Crowdfunding has to be planned at least 6 month before (even 1 year if you have not a strong audience and followers)

You should use some different strategies to create your community, like:

• Referral Campaigns
    • Help journalists or bloggers to their upcoming stories (and get a quote)
    • Post viral contents
    • Use social bots to automate some posts and following
    • Distribute your press release to media outlets’ newsrooms
    Keep in mind that crowdfunding platforms bring you about 10% (25% if you are lucky) of backers — all the rest is up to you.

SystHub provides 100% free marketing tools for your crowdfunding --> https://hsy.st/5KGKafD
    S Y S T H U B
    we help crowdfundings for free
    CHECK IT HERE: hsy.st/5KGKafD