Kickstarter Experts/Agencies - Pros and Cons of Using?
  • ConorLeen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Experts/Agencies - Pros and Cons of Using?

by ConorLeen » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Hey everyone,

Delighted to join your community. Conor Leen here, I am the founder of a social enterprise called Stampify. We are a loyalty card for charity based in Dublin, Ireland.

At the moment Stampify is a physical cardboard loyalty card that allows users to feed a child in the developing world with every stamp. We are going to launch a Kickstarter to develop a digital loyalty card. The main benefit this will bring is that instead of the money raised automatically going to fight world hunger as is currently the case, the user will be able to choose which cause they donate to. (More information on who we are and what we do can be found at Stampify.ie)

We have begun drafting our Kickstarter page and are currently in the process of developing media assets as collateral. We will be looking to go live in 2 months or so.

Having limited experience with Kickstarter (I've backed a few projects but have never been on the creator side), I was wondering if I could get some help in explaining how agencies or experts work, and if they're something that are worth working with? I find their websites to be quite ambiguous with regards to pricing and value.

Thanks so much for reading, really looking forward to being a part of this community.

Conor

• A Steady Hand
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter Experts/Agencies - Pros and Cons of Using?

by A Steady Hand » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:45 pm

If you are not doing all the marketing yourself, then you will for sure need a marketing agency. Otherwise there would be no marketing happening at all.
  • ConorLeen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ConorLeen » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any advice on using agencies and which one to use?
  • Lou Ferryweather
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lou Ferryweather » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:32 pm

You should find some kickstarter projects that were similar to what you are doing, and then email them and ask for recommendations on agencies.
  • flatcoder
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by flatcoder » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Lou Ferryweather wrote:You should find some kickstarter projects that were similar to what you are doing, and then email them and ask for recommendations on agencies.

That's a really good idea!

I got inundated with emails minutes after launch. I'm sure most of them are garbage!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:30 pm

I would take it as a rule of thumb, if people are contacting you with a copy and paste email sent to your Kickstarter contact page, ignore them!

We wrote a free guide on "Crowdfunding Agency Advice: Pay a Fee, Offer a Percentage or Go for it Alone"

https://www.hyperstarter.com/crowdfunding-agency

- Hope it's useful
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Some of the most well-known agencies out there include:

- Tross
    - Jellop
    - LaunchBoom
    - Enventys Partners

There are SO MANY MORE agencies out there and they all have their specialties and niches. They bring designers, developers, campaign managers, etc. and take on your idea/project full-on; they absorb you and your project into their daily operations. This usually comes with a high upfront fee (upwards of $50K) and a percentage of the total amount you raise on crowdfunding.

Also, know that when you’re signing up to work with an agency, you’re buying into a lot of things.

You’re buying into their industry knowledge, you’re buying into their systems, you’re buying into their platforms, and you’re buying into their connections.

Alternatively, you also have the option of working with crowdfunding consultants (like myself) who become your crowdfunding coach and partner along your journey. Rather than have everything in-house, these consultants and experts have a network of people they'd recommend if you need talents like designers or video producers. The investment is much lower and you have a lot more control of what happens in your campaign.

What you decide to do ultimately depends on two things:

- what budget you have to invest in your project
    - how much DIY you want for your project

With low budget and high DIY, you’d want to go with a consultant or expert. With high budget and low DIY, you’d want to go with an agency such as those above.

Best of luck on your project!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook