Review of The CrowdBrain
  • Cromwell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Review of The CrowdBrain

by Cromwell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:58 am

Hello everyone. I had a good service provider ask me to post a review about their agency, so here I am. I have been working with Spencer Koch from CrowdBrain off and on for the better part of three years. Now this is before he was with the new agency, when I met him he was a freelancer. Although I can’t speak for the experience of their full team - I sure can vouch for Spencer’s talent for marketing. We have been using him for influencer marketing, influencer relations, and on certain ad campaigns. I won’t go into too much detail regarding what our returns were, but I can tell you that they were strong and well worth the ongoing investment.

On a side note: does anyone here know of any good agencies that specialize in affiliate marketing or finding drop-shippers? Doesn’t have to be crowdfunding related necessarily. Thanks everyone!

• Lou Ferryweather
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Review of The CrowdBrain

by Lou Ferryweather » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:01 am

Are they really expensive though? Most of us on here are going for more smaller campaigns and are not rocking with huge budgets. If you can't say the amount, can you give us a range at least?
  • Yokle USB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Yokle USB » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:04 am

Lou Ferryweather wrote:Are they really expensive though? Most of us on here are going for more smaller campaigns and are not rocking with huge budgets. If you can't say the amount, can you give us a range at least?

Also a link would be nice
  • FerryBags
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FerryBags » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:11 am

Here is what I usually do when hiring an agency:

1) Check references
    2) Make sure they are a good fit for my product and knowledgable about it's domain
    3) Call them and ask them tons of questions, trying to make sure if they are an expert
    4) Trust my gut
    5) Ask friends for recommendations
    6) Ask my advisors what they think

You can repeat the process as needed for any an everyone you are considering working with!
  • FerryBags
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FerryBags » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:11 am

Cromwell wrote:Hello everyone. I had a good service provider ask me to post a review about their agency, so here I am. I have been working with Spencer Koch from CrowdBrain off and on for the better part of three years. Now this is before he was with the new agency, when I met him he was a freelancer. Although I can’t speak for the experience of their full team - I sure can vouch for Spencer’s talent for marketing. We have been using him for influencer marketing, influencer relations, and on certain ad campaigns. I won’t go into too much detail regarding what our returns were, but I can tell you that they were strong and well worth the ongoing investment.

On a side note: does anyone here know of any good agencies that specialize in affiliate marketing or finding drop-shippers? Doesn’t have to be crowdfunding related necessarily. Thanks everyone!

Also, thanks for sharing this!
  • James Inc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by James Inc » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:15 am

FerryBags wrote:Here is what I usually do when hiring an agency:

1) Check references
    2) Make sure they are a good fit for my product and knowledgable about it's domain
    3) Call them and ask them tons of questions, trying to make sure if they are an expert
    4) Trust my gut

You can repeat the process as needed for any an everyone you are considering working with!

Makes pretty good sense, and I think if we all followed basic business principles a little more closely then we would all be a little better off on our fund raises.
  • James Inc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by James Inc » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 am

They are the best you've worked with, right? If not please make other recommendations.

Cromwell wrote:Hello everyone. I had a good service provider ask me to post a review about their agency, so here I am. I have been working with Spencer Koch from CrowdBrain off and on for the better part of three years. Now this is before he was with the new agency, when I met him he was a freelancer. Although I can’t speak for the experience of their full team - I sure can vouch for Spencer’s talent for marketing. We have been using him for influencer marketing, influencer relations, and on certain ad campaigns. I won’t go into too much detail regarding what our returns were, but I can tell you that they were strong and well worth the ongoing investment.

• Lou Ferryweather
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Lou Ferryweather » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:22 am

FerryBags wrote:Here is what I usually do when hiring an agency:

1) Check references
    4) Trust my gut

I would really doubt the wisdom of just blindly "trusting your gut" but that's just me and I prefer less spiritual approaches to marketing. Me? I rely on my mind and what I think it best. The mind is smarter than the gut, folks.
  • Cromwell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Cromwell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:26 am

Lou Ferryweather wrote:Are they really expensive though? Most of us on here are going for more smaller campaigns and are not rocking with huge budgets. If you can't say the amount, can you give us a range at least?

I began working with a member of their team when he was a freelancer and it wasn't expensive compared to other quotes I took a look at.
  • Cromwell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Cromwell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 am

James Inc wrote:They are the best you've worked with, right? If not please make other recommendations.

For what I usually work with him on, yes, the best I have found so far. Do you have a project link I could take a look at? Would be great to network with some people on here since I am new to this forum.