How many potential customer in mailing list needed?
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

How many potential customer in mailing list needed?

by luiskickstarter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm

We have been gather around 2000 potential backers on mailing list using facebook ads. Any estimate on How many people we should get to start the kickstarter/indiegogo campaign?. The price per item will be around $16.95 so we are thinking around 10000 people and get around 2000 to pledge.. Any experience how big a mailing list could be?. Please provide numbers base on your experience..

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How many potential customer in mailing list needed?

by hyperstarter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:53 pm

I'd say none of this matters.

I dealt with a campaign owner who collected over $30k emails via Facebook ads himself, he spent over $10k to do it.
    - In the end, once he launch NONE of those emails converted into backers for his cool watch campaign.

Instead you should split up who will guarantee to back you on Day 1 (Family, friends etc.,), people you've worked with is another Bucket, emails from FB in another Bucket and so on.

Ideally from this data you should know how much you'll raise and set this as your initial goal. Once you've surpassed your goal, it'll be noticed more on Kickstarter and you'll gain backers that way.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luiskickstarter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm

I am sorry but if what you are saying is true how come kickstarters business says that the most important thing to do before launching a product on KS and indiegogo is to collect potential pledgers through social media?.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi, Through social media? Who says that, if I can ask?

Just thinking it over, with social media you're targetting everyone - unless you mean Facebook Ads where you can narrow down a specific niche audience + those interested in Kickstarter/Indiegogo/Crowdfunding.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luiskickstarter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm

hyperstarter wrote:Hi, Through social media? Who says that, if I can ask?

Just thinking it over, with social media you're targetting everyone - unless you mean Facebook Ads where you can narrow down a specific niche audience + those interested in Kickstarter/Indiegogo/Crowdfunding.
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luiskickstarter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm

luiskickstarter wrote:
    hyperstarter wrote:Hi, Through social media? Who says that, if I can ask?

I am sorry but not sure we are taking about the same. Yes, I am referring to facebook/instagram ads. Collecting a mailing list with potential buyers before launching a ks campaign is essential according to most people. We just want to know how big this mailing could be?
  • arodes
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by arodes » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Is it possible to have a form in a ecommerce website to get email leads? Then upload on the crowdfunding platform?
  • MArcus_dom
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MArcus_dom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am

Hum. It depends on the kind of business. But I believe that you should tend to 1000 customers on a mailing list for a start. Also, big amount gives you an opportunity to send special offers to different groups of your clients.
  • Dustis824
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dustis824 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:36 am

curious how much you spent getting 10000 emails?