NEED HELP WITH PR
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

NEED HELP WITH PR

by luiskickstarter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Could you guys tell me what is the best way to get PR? I am looking for a place (thirdparty) where I pay a fee then all the work is done by them..

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: NEED HELP WITH PR

by hyperstarter » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:08 pm

The answer is - what niche are you involved in and what do you expect from the PR.

If we were going to take on this project, the first question I'd ask is how much traction you've got already. How many emails you've collected, where you've been featured already and what you'd already done.

Then it involves defining your story on your campaign page, social media, pitches and newsletters. Then going on from there.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • luiskickstarter
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luiskickstarter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Ok is that means there is not third party business that can do PR for you?. all depends how much traction the campaign has? so basically you are saying if there is not traction we will never get PR coverage?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Actually, I didn't word it that way - but I think how you described it is right.

So if you've got people interested in what you're doing now (from showing them, trade shows or elsewhere) these are your first potential backers.

If no one is interested, then you might want to rethink launching or even launching the product completely.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • JohnyQuest
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JohnyQuest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:44 pm

I am planning on using www.chicexecs.com They have former news anchors, etc., and are all women, which is a major focus of our project.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:37 am

Hi! There are many agencies out there that'll make a great job for you.
    But I still recommend you check what it has to be done by yourself before you commit with an agency.

Crowdfunding PR is one of the most essential strategies for any crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
    During your crowdfunding pre-launch stage, you need to use very effective strategies to be able to connect with journalists writing for your intended audience. Here is a strategy to DIY your PR.

When it comes to crowdfunding, especially for the first 20 to 40 thousand dollars, the people that matter most are your actual friends, family, acquaintances, colleagues, coworkers, and anyone else who you have even the slightest amount of personal connection within your life.

10 Ways To Get PR For Your Crowdfunding Campaign
    • 1. Reach out to your network.
      2. Research coverage of similar campaigns.
      3. Build relationships ahead of time.
      4. Attend events.
      5. Email people personally.
      6. Test and modify.
      7. Make a video (or many!).
      8. Target your ads.
      9. Create an Infographic.
      10. Compile a Press Kit

Remember: a social proof is key.

If you want to learn more on how to write a compeling pitch head to the blog:
    https://crushcrowdfunding.com/the-crowd ... nd-beyond/
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook