How can I avoid being scammed?
  • WitnessofGreatness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

How can I avoid being scammed?

by WitnessofGreatness » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:26 am

hello everyone. i have read report after report here in the fraud watch about people being ripped off by marketing agencies. Does anyone know of a way to avoid having this happen to me and my campaign?

;)
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How can I avoid being scammed?

by Cristina » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • IgorOleynikk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IgorOleynikk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Does anyone have experience with https://socialmedia-promotion.com ? Is it scam?

I have got this message:

"Congratulations on your campaign launch! I just found it! I noticed your campaign can use some help to increase traffic.
    Spreading the word about your project is the key to a successful campaign. Our targeted Social Media Advertising and PR Outreach services could help you increase your chances of being successful at an affordable one time fee.
    To show our support we will also make a complimentary $50 PLEDGE/CONTRIBUTION to your campaign.
    We create and fully manage paid/sponsored advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter (COSTS INCLUDED). Our marketing experts can help you promote your project to the right audience driving quality and targeted traffic. We will also write a professional press release article about your project and distribute it to hundreds of media outlets.
    For additional details check out our website:
    http://bit.ly/2FZ8uoh

Get started today and receive your $50 pledge! Use code " KCK50DL " during checkout to receive the contribution. The complimentary pledge is available until 03/20/18
    If you want to promote the project yourself here is a free resource with great tips, tools and suggestions: BLOG
    Hope you find it useful and hope the best for your project!"
  • p90xsmalls
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by p90xsmalls » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:57 pm

check references.
  • aidenhall
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by aidenhall » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:16 pm

If they seem to have tens of thousands of followers and 0 engagement, it's probably fake likes. And some you can even "feel" it's scammy by how bad their home page is. Like some of them talk loudly about promotion, but doesn't even have their own Facebook page?
  • Coffee and Notebook
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Coffee and Notebook » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 am

Hate to state the obvious here, but did you check the references from any of their past clients?

IgorOleynikk wrote:Does anyone have experience with https://socialmedia-promotion.com ? Is it scam?

I have got this message:

"Congratulations on your campaign launch! I just found it! I noticed your campaign can use some help to increase traffic.
    Spreading the word about your project is the key to a successful campaign. Our targeted Social Media Advertising and PR Outreach services could help you increase your chances of being successful at an affordable one time fee.
    To show our support we will also make a complimentary $50 PLEDGE/CONTRIBUTION to your campaign.
    We create and fully manage paid/sponsored advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter (COSTS INCLUDED). Our marketing experts can help you promote your project to the right audience driving quality and targeted traffic. We will also write a professional press release article about your project and distribute it to hundreds of media outlets.
    For additional details check out our website:
    http://bit.ly/2FZ8uoh

Get started today and receive your $50 pledge! Use code " KCK50DL " during checkout to receive the contribution. The complimentary pledge is available until 03/20/18
    If you want to promote the project yourself here is a free resource with great tips, tools and suggestions: BLOG
    Hope you find it useful and hope the best for your project!"
  • picklerick
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by picklerick » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 am

WitnessofGreatness wrote:hello everyone. i have read report after report here in the fraud watch about people being ripped off by marketing agencies. Does anyone know of a way to avoid having this happen to me and my campaign?

ALWAYS CHECK REFERENCES!
    I'm pickle riiiick. Now on kickstarter: http://kck.st/2AzRAFM
  • karatewolfpunk
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by karatewolfpunk » Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 am

*sigh* Only if we had a sure way of knowing...

You can check out RipoffReport and other similar sites. Just keep in mind that some people may criticize a perfectly legitimate service.

You're probably best off working with a company before you launch. Forums like this have proven to be useful. However, some information about companies may be outdated.
  • Mwilliams
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Mwilliams » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Don't work with a marketing agency and you wont have to worry about being scammed. The mass majority over promise, under deliver, and are expensive. No one will care for your project the way you do, you should be building a following and marketing your campaign 6 months in advance to launching. Best of luck!
    Don't Get Drunk was funded on Kickstarter and is available for preorder at CrowdOx ---> https://app.crowdox.com/projects/854354559/dont-get-drunk-the-ultimate-party-game
  • trent.palo.smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by trent.palo.smith » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 am

I agree. Doing any marketing of any sort is generally a bad idea :lol:

Mwilliams wrote:Don't work with a marketing agency and you wont have to worry about being scammed. The mass majority over promise, under deliver, and are expensive. No one will care for your project the way you do, you should be building a following and marketing your campaign 6 months in advance to launching. Best of luck!