Reward for multiple items within a range?
  • BFresh_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Reward for multiple items within a range?

by BFresh_ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:39 pm

I am planning on launching a range of furniture through Kickstarter; A lounge chair, coffee table, and footstool/side table.

Is my understanding correct that kickstarter does not allow backers to back multiples of the same reward, or multiple rewards within a project?

For example, I couldn't list each item of furniture as a different pledge and backers could choose how many they wanted of each item? i.e. 2 chairs and one table.

Would I have to list different rewards. i.e. a reward for each item individually, and then a reward of 2 chairs and a table?

Basically, I don't want to have to create a separate project for each item of furniture, as they are all within the same range and are of the same style.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Reward for multiple items within a range?

by sbriggman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 pm

It's my understanding that when a backer pledges, they can only choose one reward tier (or no rewards or a lower tier). I believe they can also up their pledge to a higher reward tier.

If you haven't already, would recommend launching a preview of your project on PitchFuse.com :)'

I hope others will chime in to help answer this :D.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • BFresh_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BFresh_ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Ah Sbriggman, thanks once again for your useful input.

I had a quick look on pitchfuse but I don't understand what it's purpose is? When you say preview, what exactly can you preview?
  • seeingreen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by seeingreen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:02 pm

I've seen people do multiple rewards by getting backers to manually change their pledge amount to the total amount of multiple rewards and then I guess just use messaging to clarify what they are backing for. If you do go this route I would suggest making all your rewards include shipping so that it is simpler to add totals without trying to have to factor in shipping costs as well; yes, your rewards look like they cost more but if you make it clear that shipping is included people will probably understand. Have you thought about selling your furniture through Etsy? it is definitely set up better for how you are wanting to offer multiples and for people to get a mix of products. It has a Home & Living/ Furniture section, and it also takes a smaller cut then kickstarter so you'd keep more of the profits.
    admin
    Site Admin

by admin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:33 am

@bfresh - Here is an example of a pre-launch project: http://pitchfuse.com/project/if-zombies ... c-novel/58

If you were this creator, you could share this link with friends and ask for feedback. People could leave feedback via the "comment" button. You could also ask them to share it on fb/twitter. They could also be "notified when live." You can also input your twitter link so that people can follow you from that page.

If you would like to do a giveaway related to your campaign, you can click "create contest" on the front page.

@seeingreen - two more posts and you will become a senior member on the forum :D. Thanks for being an active member.
  • drlouisechughes
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by drlouisechughes » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:16 pm

You can have multiple items as a reward providing the Kickstarter team thinks it is reasonable i.e. 6 chairs for a seating collection (I think, you would have to check with them). They have approved my projects when I have had sets of something. Unfortunately it does involve creating a lot of backer rewards.
    Funded!!! Electron microscopy artwork http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... endar-2014

Funded!!! Human chromosome jewellery. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162 ... collection
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm

As a former furniture salesperson, awesome seeing someone in the business start a KS project.

Sal is right when he suggests prelaunching on Pitchfuse. Please do not take this the wrong way, but you should launch months and months from now. Maybe I am being presumptuous and this is your time table.

One thing you can do is study all the successful furniture projects. Some of them probably had an "add an item by managing your pledge option."

If one chaise lounge is 500 and your backer would like three, then they manage their pledge and increase it to 1500. Then they will message you and you message back, informing them that your message is like a receipt and you have logged their order. This gets tricky when you have limited tiers, but you may not be doing limited tiers.

Please, build buzz on pitchfuze, it is like a test flight for crowdfunders!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com