Any recommendation for someone to design/maintain KS proj
  • kobalt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Any recommendation for someone to design/maintain KS proj

by kobalt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:29 pm

I ran into several people who are looking for a service to design their page and create it around the project. They have no idea how to make it attractive and functional. They would supply whatever is necessary; pictures, video and description of the project. The page-designer to format the text, images, video, in a polished pitch to be presented on KS. It would be nice to have a standard page fee regardless of the project...

Yea, there are samples on KS, but the inventors have no time to do it themselves. What they need is a person or company with history on KS funding successfully.
    I found some who wants 20% of the money raised and assorted deals like that on elance.com. In my opinion that's excessive and not sure if that's even 'legal' with KS rules?

Second service needed is to find people who can maintain the KS page, answer questions and updates inserted. The inventor does one thing, invent and try to arrange for Mfg the item, run the business. It would be a big help for them to concentrate on what they do best.

Suggestions or trusted list of people who can perform this specific service is welcomed here. I have at least three projects (clients) who are interested in such a service.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Any recomendation for someoen to design and maintain KS

by sbriggman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:14 pm

I think it would be easier to get someone for the second service - doing updates, answering questions. Could find someone on odesk. I know that rose spinelli of the crowdfundamentals does video work. I'll let her know about this thread.

This article might help, I've compiled a list of service providers: http://www.crowdcrux.com/whos-in-the-on ... community/

Also check out the CrowdCrux directory: http://www.directory.crowdcrux.com
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • kobalt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kobalt » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks, I'll pass it on to interested parties.
    roymorejon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by roymorejon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Kobalt, We are a professional marketing agency specializing in kickstarter marketing services for campaigns. Would love to hear more about your project and how we can help your clients reach their funding goals. Take a look at our startup services page and see if we make a good fit: http://commandpartners.com/services/strategic-advisory-services/startup-marketing
    President - Enventys Partners https://enventyspartners.com

We've helped over 750+ projects & raised over 160 Million dollars fund on Kickstarter.

Request a quote to see if you qualify: https://enventyspartners.com/start-innovating/
  • kobalt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kobalt » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Thanks for the info.
    You get paid for your KS services when it's funded?
    What are the numbers ($) as an average fee?
    roymorejon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by roymorejon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm

We have an upfront fee and a % based on the final funding amount.

Feel free to email me directly or fill out our request a quote page on our site: http://commandpartners.com/services/strategic-advisory-services/startup-marketing (roy at commandpartners dot com)
    President - Enventys Partners https://enventyspartners.com

We've helped over 750+ projects & raised over 160 Million dollars fund on Kickstarter.

Request a quote to see if you qualify: https://enventyspartners.com/start-innovating/
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Kobalt,
    You are looking for a campaign manager who is not affiliated with the inventor?

You do not want to hire PR, right? I do not want to step on anyone's toes but I feel there is a vacuum right now for this service. Think: dinosaurs wiped out....it took awhile for large grazing animals to fill the niche.

Tread lightly.

I am in a strange mood today. I had to stop watching Wolf of Wall Street. I am a salesperson to my core. That movie got my blood going! I decided to channel the energy and am writing a thread post to add ton my sales tip post series on this forum. It is called, "How to be a Sheep in Wolf's Clothing"

My point?

Maybe Rose can help. I would trust anyone Sal mentions. I was helping a creator who is similar to your inventors. He was asking to have a manager work for free and only get paid if his project funded. In think he ended up hiring a team. But what frustrated him, and maybe you as well, is our industry generated 448 million dollars of pledges in 2013, but many roles and job titles do not exist.

You need someone who knows how to design and manage a project. Perfect. But someone who has done this might be planning their next campaign. So, a firm or startup needs to be formed that connects freelance project managers with creators who are clueless.

Exercise:

Create a faux business rough for this service.

E.G. Clueless Connect.

This firm spends months learning vector art on www,inkscape.com and develops a simple module on how to train freelance project managers the art of vector graphics. Inkscape is a free and open source option for online artists and graphic designers. The firm also data mines certain common denominators of successful campaigns. Then they simply begin starting rpough sketch projects on crowdfunding platforms. They also hire funded creators as consultants until the business is comfortable advertising their services. Once they have a proven track record, their model will be copied and new jobs will be created and our industry will grow.

Forgive me of this type of business already exists. But what I described is what the inventors need, right?
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • kobalt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kobalt » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi

You have a good point.
    Your proposal is similar what I was thinking before ... IF, one wants to start something on KS.
    Most of the people, as I said before, knows nothing about how to design the page and what to put in it.. to be effective.

Roymorejon's above post, has given examples and past history is a good idea. Without checking out anything, I passed on his info to several people but they are still looking for a deal who can work with them upon funding and no front fees. Most of these people sunk all their money in the project and there's nothing left.
    So, what's their option?
    Go at it themselves and fail... as in most cases.

If someone comes into this KS project to manage everything, they really should evaluate the project first. If there is no chance of success due to silly KS project, they should not take it. I do business on Elance, oDesk and other freelance places. Mostly I hire people for jobs. I like how that works, no up front fee and get paid when the job's done as expected. Yes, there are many who claim they can do KS, no proof if they did a single one. Some claimed they've had a hand in it but can't get confirmation if that's true from the principals.

But ya know what?
    If there is no front fee and get paid upon funding condition, I'd give the project to anyone who's willing to take it and gives me a sample page to OK the project. Graphic artist could knock out a page like that for any products and a good copy writer can cobble together the story. The third task is the PR or anyone who knows how to spread the word... the buzz and knows the places to send news releases.

Let's break it down:
    Assuming there are pictures, story and video provided by the principals.
    The page design is a simple as can be just insert photos, video, text. Almost like a template KS offer. Maybe a few hour time. A good copywriter can do the text based on the principals story in one hour at the most. The PR task can be farmed out to reputable firms for less than $300 for the news release and placements. If anyone doubt this, they can do a NET search and find those talents as I did.
    Managing the site, answering emails, comments is an hourly fee and there are hundreds of people willing to do it for $15 Hr or less (outsourcing) and max of 3Hr per day per 30 days.

What if it fails?
    If it fails, people can re-start it again on their own. They already have everything, just do more marketing.
    That would be a fair deal in my opinion.

Now the question is how much is the fee upon funding?
    Some wants 10-50% range. I don't know what would be a fair deal but over 20% is way too much.
    What I'd like to see is a firm $ price upon funding, regardless if it's $10 raised or $1M plus raised. It's the same amount of work to do the page, news release, etc. I may even offer a deal IF, we get over X$ they'd get a bonus of X$ and so on. Make it a stair-step bonus structure, whatever but not a %.

My offering for KS principals is free advice and guidance. I don't get paid (modest amount for referral only) if they select a Mfg I recommended. I don't have a contract with any of the Mfg, but a gentleman's agreement they'd pay me a finder's fee. If they don't pay, I just move on and don't recommend them anymore. Afraid of loosing future business is what keeps them honest and they pay the referral fee.

Cheers