Kickstarter search question.
    PyramidWallet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter search question.

by PyramidWallet » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:17 am

Hello! In standard Kickstarter search, when you click from the main page at "Design" category, and then click "See all 273 Design projects" - I see my project at the bottom of list, even below "THE HAM TONER brand "Train your backside, Outside"" project which raise $0 and only 7 days left. Or below "Potty Tunnel" project which raise $81 and 11 days left.

I am watching at bitly link stats (which I am posting everywhere) and BingAds stats and realize that almost all visitors are not from Kickstarter. Is it common situation?..

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter search question.

by sbriggman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 pm

So you're asking if it's normal that you aren't getting much traffic from Kickstarter itself and are getting most of your traffic from outside sources?

Personally, I've found it to be very mixed. For some campaigns, 80% of their backers and traffic will come from Kickstarter. For others, it's almost 100% from outside sources and from the creator's own marketing efforts. It is difficult to predict, which is why I always tell people to plan to drive the majority of your own traffic.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.